Two bugs (saving rides)

Hey guys, I just wanted to point out two pretty major bugs.

1. Saving a new ride design will open the standard windows dialog, but the file cannot be saved as it is. The name check seems to ignore the file extension that is hidden by the dialog and will just check the string value infront of the invisible .sv6 part. Saving will always fail until some random "normal" extension is typed in (.png, .jpg, ...).
  2. Trying to place a previously saved ride with scenery causes the scenery to be placed at wrong coordinates [screenshot]. Rides that have been saved in regular rtc2 are unaffected and work normal when placed in openrtc2.

Both bugs are in the latest version 0.0.4.0 build e7d8841 and all previous 0.0.4.0 versions I tested with (tested on Windows 7).

Edited by GetaX
  1. Rides are saved as .TD6, not SV6. However when I just tested it out myself I noticed that it's ".TD?" in the dialog
  2. I cannot reproduce the second bug, however for me the scenery does not appear at all. It probably has a really high offset for me then, as it even caused a crash when I moved it near the edges of a big map.
  • 2 years later...

Sorry for replying to this ancient report, but the bug is (sort of) still unfixed, though only with the maze it seems. I'm still unable to save scenery with OpenRCt2, but now instead of being offset, the dialogue claims it contains invalid scenery and placing it causes it to appear invisible and off screen. Loading a custom maze build in vanilla RCT2 will work, but will still place the scenery at a different position (looks like some sort of coordinate switchup) than in the draft.

You can try to replicate this by building one of the pre-made mazes like "Crazy Castle" and saving the build with all of its scenery and trying to place the new copy you just made. For me, this always results in what seems to be a maze with corrupted scenery data.

I'm using the current stable version v0.2.1 (8ac731e).

example_maze.png

invalid_scenery.png

out_of_bounds_glitched_maze.png

coordinate_switchup_from_track_build_in_vanilla.png

Edited by GetaX