Coszie Park

Wuis

SCR143.png

Is this better? I only was able to add 1 corkscrew, I had 2 at a certain point but the lateral forces were too much.

SCR144.png

Track of the wooden coaster is restored, though it has been changed and now goes up earlier to make the brakes feel more gentle in the front of the train.

Edited by Wuis

SCR145.png

This is kinda a solution, kinda like how it goes but also not really like that it goes so fast through quite tight turns and such. If not, I think I will go underground, I don't want to tower over the monorail.

EDIT: 

SCR146.pngSCR147.png

Have been working on an entrance this evening, 1 or 2? (1 is obviously far more finished than two, but then I know what style is prefered.)

Edited by Wuis
  • 1 month later...

Sooo, I scrapped both entrances and now ended up with this, it's decent but does still need some flowers and trees around the area. The monorail station is also cool, I especially like it as it's the first time I used clearance checks that much.

SCR181.png
So while trying to build a decent coaster in the current empty spots, I usually ended up with launched coasters from all sorts. Even though I liked them, they always had some tricky way to get under paths and it mostly looked weird or had almost no decoration options.

I tried an inverted for once, as my other inverted had to be deleted due to a bug with the ratings. This is the result:

SCR180.png

In the end I quite like the inverted, but if I want to keep it I want it to look a bit more cared for. So if anyone knows any (RCT) projects with inverts dug into the ground, no matter which design (of invert), please link me, because further than the gum drop rocks I won't come and I don't think that is going to do it. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Cool park OP. I really like the architecture used in the entrance and monorail stations. They look like something you'd see in a real park! The station building for the woodie is also cool, reminds me of the building for the wooden coaster at my local amusement park. All in all I really like your style. As for the invert, I really like the design of the track, and I think a bit of rock-work and some sparse bushes/foliage in the pit beneath the coaster would really do wonders for the overall feel.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh sorry, for some reason I am not getting notifications for this thread. :(  But thanks, I'm currently being strangled by the invert being so close to the entrance building, I might want to make other paths or make for example the path that doesn't go through the station more friendly for people who do not like to see people get thrown upside-down. Rockwork is also a point I'm thinking about how to pull such off, you only really have the gum drops, but on the other hand, I do not even got a station in mind :P 

On 8/1/2016 at 06:15, Wuis said:

Oh sorry, for some reason I am not getting notifications for this thread. :(  But thanks, I'm currently being strangled by the invert being so close to the entrance building, I might want to make other paths or make for example the path that doesn't go through the station more friendly for people who do not like to see people get thrown upside-down. Rockwork is also a point I'm thinking about how to pull such off, you only really have the gum drops, but on the other hand, I do not even got a station in mind :P 

Personally, I'd probably stick both entrance/exit buildings on the side close to the tarmac, then snake the queue underneath the station and underneath the rollercoaster, perhaps with several tunnels through the rockwork. :) Also, can you clarify what you mean by "gumdrops"?

• 4 weeks later...

--Update--

Coszie Park 2016-08-28 16-32-24.png

In a partnership with Subway, Coszie Park has opened a new restaurant. In a interview with BB-Sea a park official Inne Verted commented "We're definitely not teasing anyone with this". It is uncertain what the park means with this but earlier interviews with the CEO of Coszie Park has pointed out the park was aiming to be a family park due to this being the main share in visitors. Since then attention for the park dropped as people weren't looking for such and rather wanted thrills. The board of directors is thinking about making a survey to ask the public for the last thrill, flat or tracked rides.

PS. THERE IS NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1

--Update--

Coszie Park 2016-08-29 13-40-20.png

All new additions:

• Dragonfly Duel, this Suspended Swinging Coaster replaces the Inverted Roller Coaster. Due to high capacity and it being aimed at families it is seen as the perfect ride for the park, though it is question why the park has not gone for a block sectioned mode for space for 4 trains.
  • La Grande Roue, the park was missing a ferris wheel, so they build one.
  • Dodgems, a nice stop after your break at the 2 restaurants next door when you are heading to either Sinister (Wooden Coaster), Dragonfly Duel (Suspended) or Bob XI (Bobsled)

Coszie Park 2016-08-29 13-42-22.png

• Small improvements to the queue of Guardian of the Sands, the long queue wasn't much to be proud of, after earlier additions to decorations in the underground section, it now also has an indoor queue with some posters and tv screens which will tell you something about the story beforehand.  (PS. This attraction is the bomb, the whole egyptian area is, much other queues are left (almost) empty.)
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

--Update--

Coszie Park 2016-09-26 18-42-14.png

• For further details about the rapids, you can check the previous post.
  • A playground has been added, it's relatively high for what it should be, but to use rides as scenery is something I am still working at. Besides the slide it also includes a water fountain play area
  • Slight improvements to the greenery in this area, I've really tried to push to make it look green but not like a forest
  • I am going to try to keep updates coming for this week as far as I can, the park is already 90% finished, only scenery and primarily bushes, trees and flowers will be added. (The park will never pass the 99% mark)
  • Like 1

--Update--

Coszie Park 2016-09-26 18-41-30.png

• Family friendly coaster called Religious Rollback, badly needs a retheme but I am out of ideas tbh ( religion doesn't really fit in a theme park, especially as I want to be neutral as park )

EDIT: I've adjusted the slide a tad bit, made it red from the outside and made the last but one part open.

Edited by Wuis

--Update--

Coszie Park 2016-09-26 18-41-53.png

This is the square that is replacing Roman Rapids, which is replaced by Klamath Cataract. i am not too proud of it, but I am keeping in mind this is only vanilla game stuff, not even the expansions. There's a little easter egg hidden in this, regarding to @YoloSweggLord, with another one which will be able to found when I put the download up. ;) 

• Officially the first, but from entrance the second monorail station shares a modernish building with the log flume: Mediterranean Merchants
  • First off on the square, the enterprise: Yummy Pizza
  • Secondly, the shot'n drop tower: Spaghetti Shot'N Drop
  • Last but not least, the twist: Luxor Lunatics

PS. NO, Put your x-ray off, the First Aid in the building of Yummy Pizza is definitely not a easter egg. 

Ya, he was the one who found the hidden attraction in the last post where the invert is to be seen, so I referenced him a bit throughout the park. Now looking back at that post, I really do prefer what I have now over that. How it was seems all a bit empty, and not in a good way.

Edited by Wuis

I really like how you approach things in your coasters/scenery. :) I could learn a lot from you when it comes to variety and which pieces look nice together.

edit: a general question, how do you make some of the fences diagonal without placing them on ground? Tricks like those I would love to know! The lower building with the monorail station (?).

On 11/09/2016 at 22:58, Wuis said:

--Update--

Coszie Park 2016-09-11 22-56-05.png

Might move the rapids towards the entrance to make space for flat rides in the roman area. (It's a different layout too as "Roman Rapids" didn't fit)

Thoughts?

Edited by _SpacE__
  • Disable clearance checks
  • Make a tile slope
  • Put desired fence on the slope
  • Put the tile in it's original position again
  • Enable clearance checks again
  • You should know have a flying sloped fence

You should keep in mind though that, clearance checks can bug out pathways, thus check the area afterwards for stalls/ entrances not connecting and that no paths turned white, like they are when you are planning to build them.

Overview of the map in current state:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmff5yvzlnoad1v/Coszie Park 2016-09-30 16-41-36.png?dl=0

Changes still have to be done, I will be doing the finishing touches to different buildings. Things that still have to be done are really minor but you will notice some of it like the family boomerang getting a small re-theme. Be sure to give your final thoughts on the park, as this will be the last time I will be working on it. (Well, I might get back on it, but that chance is small as all area is covered and I don't want it to feel cramped, which it sometimes already does.

I'm still unsure about the corkscrew coaster and the bobsled coaster. I want to wrap up the park but I don't know what to start on next, especially as I want my next park to include custom scenery but don't know which sets to use and I am currently not satisfied with the earlier mentioned coasters. And as they're kind of a big deal, I'm unsure if I would want to keep them.

For the corkscrew coaster I had the following replacements in mind:

• Dive Coaster
  • Launched Coaster
  • Junior Coaster
  • Launched Coaster by Booster Wheels

For the Bobsled Coaster I had the following replacements in mind:

• Coaster including many block sections with small trains
  • (Inverted) Shuttle Coaster
  • Junior Coaster
  • Small Sized Kingda Ka/Stealth/Top Thrill Dragster/Xcelerator