Multiplayer - lan playing

Dzon

Hello, at first thubs UP to the authors of this project... It looks realy great.. at second - wanna play with girlfriedn this classit at multiplayer, we are on lan.. how can i do that? If i create server she cant join.. is it even possible? thanks :)

If you're on the same network it's very simple. You (the server) and the friend (the client):
You start the server and give you ip address to your friend. Your friend gives it in into OpenRCT2 (the Add Server button in the multiplayer window) and you can both start playing. You can get your local IP address by right clicking onto your network-icon and choosing Open Networkcentre (I"m not sure what it's called on an English windows machine). 

5BW1UUH.png

Once you're there, click on your connection.

EiTOqhL.png

Click details

Elb3qqc.png

Ipv4-address is the one you need.

ZpxH2Ip.png

In case you're not on the same LAN network, it gets a bit more difficult. You'll have to open the port (default: 11753) and give your friend your external ip address. You can find your external ip address by visiting http://ip4.me/. If you need any more help, let us know :) 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19-1-2016 at 11:37, RuneLaenen said:

If you're on the same network it's very simple. You (the server) and the friend (the client):
You start the server and give you ip address to your friend. Your friend gives it in into OpenRCT2 (the Add Server button in the multiplayer window) and you can both start playing. You can get your local IP address by right clicking onto your network-icon and choosing Open Networkcentre (I"m not sure what it's called on an English windows machine). 

5BW1UUH.png

Once you're there, click on your connection.

EiTOqhL.png

Click details

Elb3qqc.png

Ipv4-address is the one you need.

ZpxH2Ip.png

In case you're not on the same LAN network, it gets a bit more difficult. You'll have to open the port (default: 11753) and give your friend your external ip address. You can find your external ip address by visiting http://ip4.me/. If you need any more help, let us know :) 

Ook een Nederlander blijkbaar? (Also a guy from the Netherlands I suppose)

Edited by Suzuka
Made a horrible typing mistake...
  • 1 month later...
On 30-1-2016 at 13:34, RuneLaenen said:

Nope, Belgian ;) 

Ah oke, mag ik wel misschien in het Nederlands posten, of niet? En veel sterkte nog met de aanslag op Brussels! (Am I allowed to post in the Netherlands language, or not? And much strength with the attack on Brussels!)

Just now, Suzuka said:

Ah oke, mag ik wel misschien in het Nederlands posten, of niet? En veel sterkte nog met de aanslag op Brussels! (Am I allowed to post in the Netherlands language, or not? And much strength with the attack on Brussels!)

For me personally you can post in any language you'd like, but I don't think everyone would like that so let's keep talking in English on the public forum boards :P

And thanks for the support, I was at school in the centre of Antwerp so I have to admit I was a bit scared on the metro and bus home. 

Shit happens everywhere you know.

My guess is that this has all to do something with the arrest of Salah Abdeslam.

Dutch/Nederlands:

Het gebeurd nu toch overal en je kan het toch niet tegenhouden zolang ze de grenzen openhouden.

En ik denk ook dat het ook te maken heeft met de arrestatie van Salah Abdeslam enz, maar om daar dan een aanslag te plegen is gewoon van de zotten.