Planet Coaster and RCT: World

Hello everyone! Is anyone else excited about the upcoming game called Planet Coaster? Right now both Atari and Frontier Games are working on a new version of RollerCoater Tycoon. Because Atari bought the rights of the name, they will be working on RollerCoaster Tycoon: World, and Frontier games will release it under another name called Planet Coaster. The official E3 2015 Trailer:

Both games will be released in 2016. RCT:W Probably much earlier than Planet Coaster though.

There have been streams for both games. Personally I'm very much looking forward to Planet Coaster. There have been two Dev Diaries so far, and it looks veyr promising. They are really recreating the RCT2 feeling that RCT3 was missing. You should check out these videos:

Dev Diary 1 (Crowd system, style and animations, goals): https://youtu.be/7tyWUT0UsZE
Dev Diary 2 (Scenery placement and influences to rides, land tool): https://youtu.be/JOAiH4_Wrc4

I'm loving the style, and the scenery and land tool look very promising!

What do you guys think of them? :)

• Like 1

Yeah, they look very promising! sadly the RCT World Demo lately, showed otherwise. I was already dissapointed when I saw the track building system for the first time, it kinda wanted to reach something the game isn't is, realism, but it also failed to reach that. I hope they can fix everything and release an awesome game.

As for Planet Coaster, I can't say anything really besides that they have a cute entertainer. (The Dinosaur)

The only game I can almost say it's going to be an awesome game, would be Parkitect, they say they're in Alpha, but that looks atleast Beta worthy to be honest, there seems to be a lot interaction between the fans and the developers and there are already mods out, so if the developers have to back out for some reason, it has the possibility to get carried by modders etc. :D 

I'm loving this!

Their approach of implementing the way of building from RCT2 into Planet Coaster looks promising. This, together with the local grids from the last dev diary, seems very powerful. I'm looking forward to trying it out myself.

Edited by Broxzier

Feels a lot like going from the Sims to the Sims 2, as the best example I can think of.  The game lost all of its charm and polish for a bunch of  wacky bullshit.  Neither of the games seem very good, or that far off from RCT3, which also suffered from a lot of the same problems.

9 minutes ago, Para said:

Feels a lot like going from the Sims to the Sims 2, as the best example I can think of.  The game lost all of its charm and polish for a bunch of  wacky bullshit.  Neither of the games seem very good, or that far off from RCT3, which also suffered from a lot of the same problems.

Never played the sims, so I don't know, but I do know how RCT3 was lacking the feel. From what you can see of PC so far I think they are bringing this feel back really well.

• 1 month later...

From what I've seen, I think RCT World will be the Sim City 2013 of the RCT series. Planet Coaster looks promising. My prediction is that both games come out in late 2016 (in time for the Christmas rush) and PC will be more successful than RCTW. However, a delay for RCTW that long could (hopefully) lead to some major changes.

Speaking of RCTW, I haven't heard or seen anything about it since the delay announcement came out in November (three months ago).

• 9 months later...