What Are You Working On?

Broxzier

Thanks :) That's just the part I replaced actually xD I Didn't like how it looked because I wanted it to be more like a staircase, but there's no scenery like that. Now I used a Rapid Rivers track piece for it instead.

vpF2OXT.png

Edited by Broxzier
Fix formatting from forum change

BAM! Staircase! http://share.broxzier.com/2015-11-07_13-30-26.mp4

With some hex editing you can actually build a path first, make the path invisible, and then build the staircase at the same spot with clearance checks disabled. Guests will then be able to walk on it.

Hy9f7JW.png

Edit: There's also an invisible path as custom scenery, which would make this so much easier to make :P

Edited by Broxzier
Fix formatting from forum change
  • Awesome 1

This uses a ride which you can use for other purposes...When I do that, I don't even use hex-editing (I don't even know how to do that, because it's one of the things in RCT2 that I never mastered). I just build an invisible path and with zero-clearences I build the scenery for steps. That gives the same result :)

Broxier, there's some great ideas in those buildings, especially using the short pipe sections as planters. :) And after loading and poking around Peanut's park, I now have access to all the paths that were in his park, including invisible paths, so hex editing isn't really needed anymore for this. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That park looks really cool so far.  Its interesting to see how creative everyone can be while making their rides and parks.  Are you still working on it?

I wanted a gigantic park without super annoying terrain or restrictions, and a difficult/long term goal. so I made this scenario/map about two months ago.  Land is super cheap to buy ($5), but loan interest is fairly high (20%) to add faux difficulty.  Originally I wanted to work on it with some people (possibly over LAN since the multiplayer reliablity situation) and make different themed sections but I just ended up playing it single player and not putting nearly as much time into the ascetics and overall theme of the park but it was still a lot of fun.  I can upload the files or something if anyone wants to screw around on the map or do whatever to the scenario settings.

SCR4.png

Edited by Para
  • 5 weeks later...

Currently working on another micro park. This time I started with a missive block of ice:

0vl39aA.png

Current attractions: Chairlift, Dreadnaught Drop, Hot Flight, Cold Flight, Elevator, Over the Edge, GoKarts, Slippery Saucers, Shrads of Ice, Walls of Ice

Good idea's for more attractions will recieve a warm welcome!

Edited by jensj12
59 minutes ago, jensj12 said:

I use this one for all my micro parks, made it myself using the in-game scenario editor. Park size is 21x21.

I suppose we should create a 'Micropark showcase' thread somewhere to showcase all micro-parks. Once it's finished you aren't really working on it anymore :P 

Micro Sandbox.sc6

Thank you very much, sir! \o/