Help a newbie do the MAC Download

Hello all, I'm new to the rollercoaster world and am running into some issues early. I have already downloaded steam before, and I stupidly bought RCT2 off their store not knowing it only runs on Windows. I've been trying to figure out a way to run the game through steam, but can't seem to get there. Is there any advice to help me? Tried enabling the console, but I think I'm messing that up too. At this point, any help would be great.

On 06/05/2019 at 22:33, Terrycruz69 said:

Every time I try and go to the contents page of steam there is no "steam_osx -console

No, that's the command you have to run from the terminal to start the Steam GUI with the console enabled. Once you've done that, there should be a tab in Steam called "CONSOLE" and in that you run:

download_depot 285330 285331

to download the game (this is quoted straight off the help page, I haven't actually tried this). If you're struggling with this you can try installing OpenRCT2 using the demo version instead of the one from Steam (but this means you won't be able to play vanilla).

12 hours ago, Terrycruz69 said:

Is there a useful link to Wine? Every time I try and go to the contents page of steam there is no "steam_osx -console

You can download the Mac version of Wine from here (you probably want the stable build). You can use Wine to run the Windows version of the Steam client, which should allow you to download the game without having to use the console. You will also need Wine if you want to play the vanilla game (and not just OpenRCT2) on Mac.