Best way to decrease queue wait time?

Is your queue line too long?  You can go into the ride and change the amount of time that the next boat has to wait.  Make sure that there is no max time set: leave that unchecked.  You can add more boats: 15 is the default, but you can raise that by going into the cheats and raising it up to 31.  Making your station longer will allow more boats to work more comfortably.  Usually, I have my wait time at about 5 or 6 seconds.

If the boats are getting lined up in the station while the ride is operating, decrease the wait time.  I usually shoot for no more than 2 or 3 boats waiting.  Also, uncheck the "wait for 1/2, 3/4 full load.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2019 at 11:39, wudien said:

depending on the ride, you can increase the "chain lift" speed. This will reduce the total ride time but increases intensity (i believe)

I'm not 100% sure on this so don't quote me. Making the chain lift speed slower would make the ride time longer. If more time is spent on the lift hill then the average speed will go down right? If that's the case, the intensity would go down. I haven't tested this yet but I will get back to this once I can get back to my computer lol.

I’ve made the post for my solution to this problem. You can check it out whenever you feel.

Edited by Sapota127
updating information
On 03/03/2019 at 03:52, NightHawk said:

Its stupid guests allready complain after a 6min wait and won't exit the ride happy anymore. Openrct should increse it to at least 10 IMHO.

Maybe the number should be variable towards one of their stats. Also put TVs in the queues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2019 at 10:52, NightHawk said:

Its stupid guests allready complain after a 6min wait and won't exit the ride happy anymore. Openrct should increse it to at least 10 IMHO.

Six minutes is 18 days in-game. And you can increase the time they're willing to wait by using queue TVs and entertainers.

• 1 month later...

Maximum queue waiting time is a function of queue capacity and ride throughput. For tracked rides in general, if time is spent waiting for the next vehicle to arrive at the station for loading, then throughput can be increased by increasing ride capacity by increasing the number of vehicles or vehicle capacity or decreasing ride time. This will have no effect if vehicles are stacking up at the station while the ride is operating at max throughput. You can improve loading times by placing the ride entrance near the middle of the vehicle that is loading at the station so that guests don't have to walk far. I've made rides that were limited by how fast guests could get on the ride and get the trains going that supported 4000+ guests per hour and 100+ guest queues with less than 5 min waiting times.

Also, long queues can cause themselves to get even longer because guests start checking their watches, causing them to stop in line and slow down the queue, sometimes to the extent that trains leave without a full load.

Edited by lot61