Jump to content
OpenRCT2
Sign in to follow this  
ROLLIE94

Custom Objects with macOS

Recommended Posts

Hello Forum,

 

I have two questions about custom objects in RCT2Open with macOS:

1. How can you import custom objects in RCT2Open with macOS?

2. Can you use custom objects in your project wich you have created before you have added the custom objects to your (custom) objects list with macOS?

 

Thanks for help!

Edited by ROLLIE94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROLLIE94 said:

1. How can you import custom objects in RCT2Open with macOS? 

Custom objects should be placed in your OpenRCT2/object folder. If you don't know where that is located, I believe there is now an "open custom object folder" button in game, but I can't remember where that option is (I'm currently running a modified version of the game that doesn't have it; I'll have to check later).

1 hour ago, ROLLIE94 said:

2. Can you use custom objects in your project wich you have created before you have added the custom objects to your (custom) objects list with macOS? 

As long as you haven't already maxed out your object selection for that park, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/12/2018 at 00:55, X7123M3-256 said:

Custom objects should be placed in your OpenRCT2/object folder. If you don't know where that is located, I believe there is now an "open custom object folder" button in game, but I can't remember where that option is (I'm currently running a modified version of the game that doesn't have it; I'll have to check later).

I believe I can not find the OpenRCT2/object folder. I pasted a custom object (.DAT file) in this folder: RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrill Pack -> ObjData - but I can not find the object in the object selection in RCT2Open so I searched for the "open custom object folder"-button but I also can not find this button. Can you or someone else tell me where I can find the "open custom objects folder"-button or explain me what I need to do when I want to import a custom object with the OpenRCT2/object folder? That would be great!

Edited by ROLLIE94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you cannot find that button, you're on an old build or you use release. Please upgrade to the latest develop version.

Nevertheless, the folder can be accessed manually as follows:

  1. Open your home folder
  2. Click the 'Go' menu.
  3. Hold ALT/Option
  4. Click Library
  5. Go to the Application Support folder
  6. Go to the OpenRCT2 folder
Edited by Gymnasiast
Typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gymnasiast said:

If you cannot find that button, you're on an old build or you use release. Please upgrade to the latest develop version.

I have the latest release of OpenRCT2 installed on my mac (0.2.1 build 8d9fcb7) but I still can not find the "open custom object folder"-button. Can you or someone else explain me where I can find this button? That would be great too!

Edited by ROLLIE94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...