Trainer for RCT2Open

Hello Forum,

I have seen in a Youtube video that there is a trainer for RCT2Open. Can anyone say me where I can download a trainer for RCT2Open? I am looking for a trainer that can do things like "zero all clearences", the things what 8-cars can do.

Thanks

Edited by ROLLIE94

You don’t need a trainer to cheat in OpenRCT2. Instead, go to options and enable cheats and debugging tools there. After doing so, you’ll have two extra top toolbar buttons in-game. Click the golden shovel for the cheats window, click+hold to enable hacks like no clearance checks, and click+hold the two cogs for debugging tools like tile inspector and object selection.

10 hours ago, ROLLIE94 said:

I have seen in a Youtube video that there is a trainer for RCT2Open. Can anyone say me where I can download a trainer for RCT2Open? I am looking for a trainer that can do things like "zero all clearences", the things what 8-cars can do. 

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't, and it would be completely pointless because anything you could do with a trainer would me much better implemented as a cheat. Not having to use trainers is one of the advantages of OpenRCT2 - if there's a feature that a trainer implements but OpenRCT2 doesn't, you can implement it and submit a PR.

10 hours ago, ROLLIE94 said:

I am looking for a trainer that can do things like "zero all clearences", the things what 8-cars can do. 

There's not much reason to do that with OpenRCT2 since the game has the option to turn off clearance checks (note that OpenRCT2 players often refer to this feature as "zero clearance" but it does not actually modify clearances; it just ignores them). If you actually need to set clearances to zero, I don't think there's currently a way to do that in OpenRCT2.

3 hours ago, ROLLIE94 said:

How can you make the train rails like that?

Select "disable clearance checks" from the cheat menu. This will let you place objects that overlap with other objects. It has a similar effect to 8 cars zero clearance, but it's less likely to cause undesirable side effects because it does not actually modify the clearance values like 8 cars does.

Note that doing this can still have unexpected side effects, especially when you are overlaying multiple tracks on top of one another. However, what's depicted in the picture should work. If you are overlaying track for decorative purposes, building th decorative track in the opposite direction will prevent interference.

On 18/12/2018 at 21:01, X7123M3-256 said:

Select "disable clearance checks" from the cheat menu.

I don't have the option "disable clearance checks" in my cheat menu (that menu with this shovel: BpROwp.png, right?).

My cheat menu has these four options (I have the Dutch RCT2Open installed and translated those options to english. I'm not the best at english so the translations can be a bit different):

- Cheats

- Enable sandbox mode

- Disable height controls

- Disable support limits

Can you or someone els explain why I don't see "disable clearance checks" in my cheat menu and how I can make RCT2Open to let it show?

Thanks for help!

Edited by ROLLIE94
3 hours ago, ROLLIE94 said:

Can you or someone els explain why I don't see "disable clearance checks" in my cheat menu and how I can make RCT2Open to let it show?

I think because you're playing in Dutch, it might not be a word-for-word translation. It looks like "Disable height controls" is the one you want - try it and see if it works.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 1