Just a small recreation

This video shows a coaster which I found out about, and since for some reason I actually kinda like the Heartline Twister Coaster (TOGO Ultra Twisters IRL), I decided to recreate it in OpenRCT2. The screenshot below shows the result.

912211056_Xtreme97Workbench20142018-10-2510-35-29.thumb.png.39a0d05d8fc2e14f03caa52034faf9bf.png

Although the real ride only runs with a single train, I've used multiple to increase the throughput and make it more practical in RCT2. You can see the first train looks like it's come off the track sideways, but that's just the way I did the turnaround section, since there is no turntable piece (yet?).606598108_Xtreme97Workbench20142018-10-2510-55-21.thumb.png.2af92ad6592a18b37e9f7e6c89459b2b.png

Here I've changed it to a wild mouse and removed the other coasters I used to fill in the invisible parts, so you can see how the turnaround and the bottom of the lift hill work. It also allows you to see the brake run as actual brakes. In the actual coaster I used a second Heartline Twister with a chain lift section to replicate the appearance of the brakes and the correct track type.

In the real coaster, the half inversion before the dive loop is inclined at ~45 degrees, but since that's not possible in RCT2 I've tried to match it as closely as possible. The length is just shy of the original:1,027 feet rather than 1,191, and it's also slightly slower. Interestingly, a sign on the original coaster said there was a maximum G Force of 4.5Gs, while my version only gets to about 3.2

Edited by TheMathsGod
Probably as accurate as neccesary
2 hours ago, Deurklink said:

Protip: you can use the turnaround from the log flume to rotate your cars

I forgot about that since I haven't used the log flume in ages. I tried the reverser coaster's reversing piece but that didn't work, I assume that's because of the special behaviour of those cars.

Edit: Having tried this, the cars do a 180 degree spin as expected, but go back to their original facing direction afterwards. I don't know why this happens, but I think it's because the cars actually do turn, so they need to be face back to their original direction to continue along the track. I also assume this happens with the log flume too, but you don't notice since the logs are symmetrical.

Edited by TheMathsGod
8 hours ago, TheMathsGod said:

I forgot about that since I haven't used the log flume in ages. I tried the reverser coaster's reversing piece but that didn't work, I assume that's because of the special behaviour of those cars.

Edit: Having tried this, the cars do a 180 degree spin as expected, but go back to their original facing direction afterwards. I don't know why this happens, but I think it's because the cars actually do turn, so they need to be face back to their original direction to continue along the track. I also assume this happens with the log flume too, but you don't notice since the logs are symmetrical.

Aww indeed they return to their original position. I thought i had it working once, but i must have been mistaken. 

EDIT: I actually got it to work! So first, i had the cars go through a transfer element, so they continue the track backwards. As soon as they go through the turntable, they rotate to their normal position again.

Edited by Deurklink