Is there any plans to surppot touch screen?

I play OpenRCT2 on MS's Surface Pro 2017 model.

When you play games, you feel like you don't have to use the keyboard to lie down and lighten it.

However, in OpenRCT2, by default, the movement of the screen is to move the mouse cursor to the edge.

It's very hard to do on a touch screen.

Like mobile games, if moving with two touchpoints, it would be simple if you just added a command that allows you to scroll through the screen.

Is this a difficult task?

Thx for read :)

• 2 weeks later...

There are three ways to move the view:

1. Putting the mouse pointer at the edge of the screen
  2. Right-click-and-hold, then moving the mouse
  3. Using the arrow keys on the keyboard.

Option 1 is not feasible on a touchscreen, and you don't like option 3. That leaves option 2. It requires your touchscreen to have an easy way of simulating right-click.

Edited by Gymnasiast
  • Useful 1
On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:15, Gymnasiast said:

There are three ways to move the view:

1. Putting the mouse pointer at the edge of the screen
  2. Right-click-and-hold, then moving the mouse
  3. Using the arrow keys on the keyboard.

Option 1 is not feasible on a touchscreen, and you don't like option 3. That leaves option 2. It requires your touchscreen to have an easy way of simulating right-click.

Thanks for your great solution!

But there is some problem to do. 

Have you ever used Photoshop CC? Since it started supporting touch screens in earnest, Adobe has added a function to scroll through the screen when it moves from the enlarged image to a two-point touch.

I've asked Microsoft's Community Center if I can change or add touch gestures' setting, but they'll probably say it's impossible because there's a chance of colliding with these third-party software.

Instead, Microsoft will pass on each third-party software developer to assign commands for each touch gesture.

If these concerns come true, the only way left for me is to wait for OpenRCT developers to add features to touch screen gestures…

Thank you for reading this long grumble.

5 minutes ago, Gymnasiast said:

I have done a bit of searching on the Internet. It looks like you can simulate a right-click by holding your finger for a while.

Can you try this: hold your finger on the screen for a second, then move it around while still holding the screen.

Oh, It has already tried it. Holding your finger is just a right click.

On Windows10, It treats it as a single right-click only, not holding, at the moment of releasing the fingers. This is also where I posted this post on the forum.

4 hours ago, Gymnasiast said:

No, I mean without releasing your fingers - does that work?

Um, I think the message wasn't delivered properly. 

Moving without releasing finger is not recognized as a right-click drag.

Just recognize right clicking at the point of finger release.