One Little Woody

Nothing special, just a little woody that could!  In making a wooden coaster to fit into my "Old Town" map I've been working on, I made a little coaster that simply delivers.  For the bang per buck, this little 1,800ft, $6,500 coaster can run 3 - 4 car 6 seater trains in a eloquently timed loop at a max height of 45ft to produce over 4,000 customers per hour, with an average of a little more than 5 seconds of air time, and with a foot print of just 6x23.  With those trains it specs at about 6.2 Excitement 7.1 Intensity and 4,2 Nausea, without scenery.  While articulated cars will boast the excitement, it will diminish customers per hour by about half.   

So if you're not one of those true to heart custom coaster enthusiasts, and are looking for a small little woody to plop in a map that doesn't look like a towering eye sore, this maybe the woody for you... ...ok, let the lambasting begin... :P

Old Town Woodie.td6

387600571_OldTownWoodie.thumb.png.b5d6f29003c3a07a5e4cd3e242de56ce.png

• Like 1

Thanks!

I worked on it a little bit to get it timed just right, which is more just the time it takes the peeps to get to the trains, sometimes we get those ones that are meandering through the loading dock still sipping on their itty bitty drinks and slowing everything up... so it gets a little hiccup in the timing when the next train comes to the last block brake in front of the station.  So moving the entrance to the middle shortens up the loading time and keeps it running pretty smoothly without the second of delay.  I also noticed that the scenery that I had with it somehow isn't the off hand standard scenery, so I rethemed it with the standard objects, so that it can be used out of the box, costing about $8,500 with theme.  All this for a stupid little coaster... lol... but I had to make it right...

Old Town Woody.td6

237999521_OldTownWoody.thumb.png.6831d6525c164593914d9187fc20c7a1.png

OldTownWoodyBreakdown.thumb.png.abcc55086209455636fea7da9d2940d2.png

Edited by MonkeyPaws
  • 3 years later...
On 08/09/2018 at 02:17, MonkeyPaws said:

Thanks!

I worked on it a little bit to get it timed just right, which is more just the time it takes the peeps to get to the trains, sometimes we get those ones that are meandering through the loading dock still sipping on their itty bitty drinks and slowing everything up... so it gets a little hiccup in the timing when the next train comes to the last block brake in front of the station.  So moving the entrance to the middle shortens up the loading time and keeps it running pretty smoothly without the second of delay.  I also noticed that the scenery that I had with it somehow isn't the off hand standard scenery, so I rethemed it with the standard objects, so that it can be used out of the box, costing about $8,500 with theme.  All this for a stupid little coaster... lol... but I had to make it right...

Old Town Woody.td6 4.65 kB · 201 downloads

237999521_OldTownWoody.thumb.png.6831d6525c164593914d9187fc20c7a1.png

OldTownWoodyBreakdown.thumb.png.abcc55086209455636fea7da9d2940d2.png

I can use the rollercoaster for Extreme Heights!