Disable Auto Speed Up

On 02/09/2018 at 23:43, TCE said:

Automatically speeding up? 

That's never happened to me. I don't believe that's even a feature, maybe it's something your end?

If not, my apologies. 

My bad, I meant  the speed up being nice. It working by itself is annoying.

On 03/09/2018 at 00:12, imlegos said:

...Are you pressing the + button?

No, not that I'm aware of xD. Honestly, I use mouse only, 99% of the time. I only touch the keyboard to type the name of rides, or something.

Isn't there a to modify a file to block/disable this?

• 4 weeks later...

If you're in a particularly busy section of the park, the game may slow down if your computer can't handle everything. Then it will seem to speed up when you go to a relatively empty part of the park.

On a related note, I noticed that when my frame rates drop to 30, roller coaster motion looks a lot more natural to me. At the normal 40 fps, everything looks a little too sped up. Then I noticed that in-game seconds are faster than real seconds by a factor of about 5/4, looking at coaster data. This is true in vanilla, too. Any reason why that is?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 30/09/2018 at 15:54, lot61 said:

If you're in a particularly busy section of the park, the game may slow down if your computer can't handle everything. Then it will seem to speed up when you go to a relatively empty part of the park.

On a related note, I noticed that when my frame rates drop to 30, roller coaster motion looks a lot more natural to me. At the normal 40 fps, everything looks a little too sped up. Then I noticed that in-game seconds are faster than real seconds by a factor of about 5/4, looking at coaster data. This is true in vanilla, too. Any reason why that is?

40 FPS is indeed the framerate of the original game. You would honestly need to ask Chris Sawyer why he chose the time scale and speed that he did.