Full circuit track merging

Can you, like in the old days, merg a track in a way that it runs with block section mode? The boat hire mode is not the most perfect fit. I wanted to add the B&M vertical pieces in a Intamin ride, since the Intamin ride doesn't have the vertical straight pieces. And if they do have it, how do I activate them? 

Regards, Wes.

There are a few requirements for continuous circuit block sectioned mode to work.

1. Iterating forward from the station should get you back to the station (use the red arrows in the build window)
  2. When iterating backwards using the red arrows, you should pass all block brakes in reverse order.

You can use invisible track to make this work, but for rides that only go forward, you only need to make sure that all merges work in both directions.

Depending on the rides, there may even be another solution: enable the arbitrary ride type changes cheat and change the ride type to the one you want to build track pieces of (mini golf holes are fun). Then build those pieces and switch back. If the pieces are not available on the original ride, they will be invisible but still work properly. Track pieces from twister and vertical drop coasters are fully interchangeable.

The arbitrary ride type changes cheat is (as far as I'm aware) definitely the best way to go. Just build the track normally, and when you reach a point where you want to add a part not included in the original ride, switch the ride type to one that has that part. Once you've done that you can change it back. The coaster will function exactly as you'd expect, but those pieces will be invisible as jensj12 mentioned. You can use zero clearance to build over the parts with the track you want to put there instead (making sure that coaster has those parts available) so it doesn't look like there's a massive  gap in the track, but do it in the opposite direction so the editor doesn't go all weird. If you do it in the same direction the editor won't let you extend the track since it thinks it's a complete circuit (with the other track there).

On 27/08/2018 at 18:10, TheMathsGod said:

The arbitrary ride type changes cheat is (as far as I'm aware) definitely the best way to go. Just build the track normally, and when you reach a point where you want to add a part not included in the original ride, switch the ride type to one that has that part. Once you've done that you can change it back. The coaster will function exactly as you'd expect, but those pieces will be invisible as jensj12 mentioned. You can use zero clearance to build over the parts with the track you want to put there instead (making sure that coaster has those parts available) so it doesn't look like there's a massive  gap in the track, but do it in the opposite direction so the editor doesn't go all weird. If you do it in the same direction the editor won't let you extend the track since it thinks it's a complete circuit (with the other track there).

This worked for me! Thank you!