Installation Problems - Windows 10

Every time I try to install OpenRCT2, I choose the exact location that I have RollerCoaster2.exe saved in. I run the OpenRCT2.exe once its installed, and then it pops up and gives me the message "Unable to find RCT2 installation directory. Please select the directory where you installed RCT2!"  and then when I click the "OK" on that prompt, it just disappears and closes OpenRCT2.

If anyone has run into these problems or think that they can help me please help! thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

This also did not work for me. The workaround I got from the Gitter chat was to install OpenRCT2 in the default installation folder provided by the installer and edit the gamepath location in the options.ini file located in the my documents/openrct2 folder. It took me quite some dayd to figure out how to do this by asking loads of questions on the Gitter chat. Without the help of Krutonium I would not have guessed this was the solution to solve all the problems.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I seem to be having a similar problem. I down load the files from your website and they install fine. when I click run I get a message pop up on my screen saying :-"this app can't run on your pc, to find a version for your PC, Check with the software publisher" 

I have a windows 10. 

any ideas?

• 4 years later...

I've just came across this thread and wanted to offer some help. It seems like you were having installation problems with OpenRCT2 on Windows 10. If you're still facing the same issue, you can try a few things. Make sure the location of your RollerCoaster2.exe file matches the directory you're selecting during OpenRCT2 installation. You can also try running OpenRCT2 as an administrator or in compatibility mode for older versions of Windows. Also, try using cheap Windows keys, as they may be way cheaper than usual ones. Don't hesitate to ask for further assistance. Hope you've been able to get it sorted!

Edited by MaddinaS