Solution to Transport Rides

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I believe I may have a way to make transport rides function as actual transportation devices.

Forgive me if this is difficult to articulate, but basically what if you made it so the transport rides (monorail, train, chairlift) had their entrances, exits, and station platforms have an extra bit of tile data that causes them to double in function as a footpath. Maybe you'd have to somehow do some trickery to link the stations, or add such footpath data to track pieces as well, but would it not cause the transport rides to be treated as part of the footpath algorithm?

I am not currently a developer, but i know some programming. Currently the peep pathfinding logic does not seem to be optimized, at least not for the parks that i've created, but it still works well enough that i can get a 999 rating.

If the coding and logic was changed to suit only some parks, like mine, then it may become unsuitable for other parks. This is why it may be complicated or unwise to change the peep travel logic altogether. However, i do agree that peeps finding rides and attractions via transport would be a nice feature to incorporate into the game either as a feature to be turned on or off, or as an always incorporated feature.

Code would have to be added or rewritten for this to happen,

And the code would probably have to look something more like this:  

-say a peep is at tile 1,1 and a ride or stall they want to get to is at tile 45,38. Next imagine that there is a transport ride with its entrance at tile 8,10, and its exit at tile 48,40,. The peep would have to know somehow that that transport rides exit is close to the attraction they want to get to.

So the code would have to be something like: {peep wants to visit 'pool' at 45,38; ... 45,38 is 45 tiles away; transport exit exists at 48,40 (6 tiles from 'pool') ; transport entrance is only 10 tiles away; 10+6=16 16<45; peep is tired; peep chooses transport ride; peep proceeds to tile 8,10 for queue to transport ride to seek 'pool'.}

That's why I suggest the possibility of making it so transport rides are interpreted as footpaths. Essentially what you said makes exact sense, but I'm also talking about this in terms of the situations where the only way to get to and from certain sections of the park is through transport rides

1 hour ago, Dapianokid said:

but I'm also talking about this in terms of the situations where the only way to get to and from certain sections of the park is through transport rides

well then my system would still work.

1 hour ago, Dapianokid said:

That's why I suggest the possibility of making it so transport rides are interpreted as footpaths

It sounds like you are suggesting that the peeps walk along and on top of the transport tracks as if they were a path? This makes no sense, you could just put an invisible path over the track with "disable clearance checks" checked if you wanted to.

Edited by joshmarsilio