The Multiplayer Rant

Everything you're about to read below this message is pure BS. I was just trying to see what would happen if I posted pure nonsense to other people. So there is no need to DEBUNK me as I will do that for you. In a different post.

Just as a warning. Most of this discussion is opinion based and is not meant for the easily TRIGGERED folks out there.

Let me get real for you guys, like really real. DON'T PLAY MULTIPLAYER!! Just stop what you're doing right now and play a game by yourself. Seriously, if you want to build a map with people around the world, expect the worst because the very worst is coming your way. There are PLENTY of people who are on the servers for mass destruction and terrorism. People you don't know can be really dangerous if given too much power.

Now, you might be thinking, "Hey Vincent's Animations, we know the people we're playing with and we know when people are here for bad intentions." Do you though? I've caught many trolls (with the many accounts I use online) saying things like, "I'll gain their trust and then trash them once I get the good powers." 8l

Seriously though people. I really want to make OpenRCT2 a better place to be; a place to have fun and laugh. However, with people like this treading their way towards you, it's really your responsibility for what they do. Mmm well kinda.

Anyways back to multiplayer. Don't play it without being prepared for the worst man. Make a server (with a password) and tell your friends, make a total FFA server, or play by yourself. Trust me, these people are after you. And I'm kinda sick of the people who get mad and complain because their server got rekt.

So take what I said into consideration. And stop whining about trolls because they...are...EVERYWHERE. Cya til next time. :D

Edited by VincentsAnimations
It's a complete lie
  • Dislike 4

It's not that bad, really. On my server we only allow known people from our discord to play. People who spam or misbehave will be kicked or muted. If necessary because someone keeps coming back with different names we temporarily only allow known players to join. 

I only had to do this a few times in all the time my server was online. Besides these minor incidents it has been a fun experience for me at least.

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Deurklink said:

It's not that bad, really. On my server we only allow known people from our discord to play. People who spam or misbehave will be kicked or muted. If necessary because someone keeps coming back with different names we temporarily only allow known players to join. 

I only had to do this a few times in all the time my server was online. Besides these minor incidents it has been a fun experience for me at least.

But people can easily gain your trust and...well...you know the rest.

• Like 1

I use to make and run Minecraft servers.  I would design them in a way so that OPs weren't needed... since it was mainly the OP's that had the biggest power to grief.  There were a lot of plugins for the Bukkit servers, like Plotme that would give players a grief proof area to build.  It would be nice to see OpenRCT2 have almost that same type of setup, where certain areas of the map could be cordoned off for certain players, and they are only able to build there and not able to build or change the areas outside their designated spot, with an easy way to rollback their "plot" without rolling back the rest of the map.

• Like 1
On 05/08/2018 at 21:14, VincentsAnimations said:

But people can easily gain your trust and...well...you know the rest.

Our requirement is that people are active on our discord and contribute to discussions for a few days or weeks. Never had issues with people destroying stuff since we had this rule.

• Informative 1