Can't select RCT classic when OpenRCT2 first launches

Don’t select the executable itself, select the folder that contains it ('RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic'). Assuming the data structure of RCTC is the same as RCT2, that should work perfectly. If not, go to issue tracker (github) > wiki > required RCT2 files and read the instructions for RCTC.

Edited by jensj12
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, jensj12 said:

Don’t select the executable itself, select the folder that contains it ('RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic'). Assuming the data structure of RCTC is the same as RCT2, that should work perfectly. If not, go to issue tracker (github) > wiki > required RCT2 files and copy the required files to OpenRCT2 directory.

When I select the folder it won't work either.
1772644765_Schermafbeelding2018-07-28om10_38_46.png.3cfedfab68553c6edc3493da76bcff97.png

And I'm on githhub now but I can't find the required files. Am I on the right website?

716040761_Schermafbeelding2018-07-28om10_51_39.thumb.png.fc5df70024295731b17b71b89dbb0158.png

That’s the right website, just click OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2 - Required RCT2 files and scroll down to RCT Classic. I don’t know the exact file structure of RCTC so other than mimicking the RCT2 structure, I don’t know how to make it work. Someone else gotta help with that, or try some things yourself.

So I downloaded these links with the green button, put them in the map "OpenRCT2" and it still won't work...370765564_Schermafbeelding2018-07-30om11_21_29.thumb.png.5c4a8e81049b20225e53c9b605bcc519.png

1216989498_Schermafbeelding2018-07-30om11_26_36.png.bce0d3ab95ba4720ddf594fa4d012378.png

I don't know what to do to just play rctc with openrct2...

Did I do something wrong?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Jordi

You need to rearrange some files if you have RCT Classic.

Create a new folder somewhere on your harddisk. In this example I called it "RCTC Harvest".

In this folder, create the following subfolders:

• Data
  • ObjData
  • Tracks

Now copy the following files over:

• g1.dat to Data
  • *.pob to ObjData
  • *.td6 to Tracks

Now you should be able to start OpenRCT2 and point it to the RCTC Harvest folder.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2018 at 17:54, Gymnasiast said:

You need to rearrange some files if you have RCT Classic.

Create a new folder somewhere on your harddisk. In this example I called it "RCTC Harvest".

In this folder, create the following subfolders:

• Data
  • ObjData
  • Tracks

Now copy the following files over:

• g1.dat to Data
  • *.pob to ObjData
  • *.td6 to Tracks

Now you should be able to start OpenRCT2 and point it to the RCTC Harvest folder.

Okay now the game works but I still have one little problem.

The scenery, paths etc are missing. I only see people and tracks without trains...

How do I get this right?

I also have no *.pob files... only a lot of .dat and td6 files...

Thank you in advance!

20180814_204312.thumb.jpg.029fb4235840dbec67cb68e1cd2998b1.jpg

Edited by Jordi
forgot to mention something

@jensj12 RCT Classic uses the .POB extensions for objects. They are the same as .DAT files (unlike the scenarios and saves, which are quite different from their RCT2 counterparts).

@Jordi : would you be able to provide me with a directory listing of your RCT Classic installation? A screenshot would also suffice, as long as I can see which files are residing in the `.app`.

• 2 years later...

Hi so I've been following this thread to get my version of open rct2 running, which it now is!!

BUT I've encountered the same problem as @jordi, as in only being able to see people, ride structures and landscape. {no objects at all} (paths, vehicles, stalls ect) 

I seem to only have .POB files and no .DAT files, however I've just stumble across another thread that suggested manually changing the existing file extension from .pob to .dat 

So I singled out the paths and tried it and hey presto now I am able to see them in openrct2

Problem is there are around 2210 files! Is there a way of mass conversion these file or sorting the issue any other way rather then manually changing each file extension ? 

I'm using a PC running on Windows 10 and using the Rollercoaster tycoon classic purchased from steam

Thanks T