An RMC hybrid coaster.

X7123M3-256

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2018 at 18:45, DDDucker said:

could you post the map download? it looks epic especially with the custom track!

Here is the save file. You will need this fork if you want the RMC track (The save will open in develop but the track will be invisible).

46 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

I think the track requires a custom build g1.dat file or custom build of OpenRCT2 for the sprites.

All the sprites I made go in g2.dat - g1.dat is only used for vanilla sprites.

• 5 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, OxTHEOx0 said:

Hey I was wondering if you had some kind of guide made for this, i'd love to add this track to my server but i'm no expert at all and its looking very complicated. Just a quick guide and if I have questions i'd report back.

Thanks if you can help :)

You currently can't in the game. He achieved this by quite a bit of work on a development build while doing development stuff. The closest you can get right now easily is by using RMC trains on some type of steel coaster. And doing some track merging for a little more realism

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OxTHEOx0 said:

Hey I was wondering if you had some kind of guide made for this, i'd love to add this track to my server but i'm no expert at all and its looking very complicated. Just a quick guide and if I have questions i'd report back.

Thanks if you can help :)

You can obtain my fork of the game from here. Checkout the branch "rmc_track_2", then compile and run the game (if you are currently using a binary release, first make sure you can compile and run the official version from source). In order to use the track you will need to enable "Arbitrary ride types" from the cheats menu as there currently isn't any ride type that uses it. Build an RMC coaster and then using the cheat, change the track type to "Hybrid Coaster". You will have to create the supports using scenery as they're currently not implemented.

Note that this branch was last updated in July, so it's a bit behind the latest develop. In particular, this means the network version has likely changed. Also, it goes without saying that those running the official builds will not see the track; it is only present in the version linked above. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, sage_lee said:

You currently can't in the game. He achieved this by quite a bit of work on a development build while doing development stuff. The closest you can get right now easily is by using RMC trains on some type of steel coaster. And doing some track merging for a little more realism

22 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

You can obtain my fork of the game from here. Checkout the branch "rmc_track_2", then compile and run the game (if you are currently using a binary release, first make sure you can compile and run the official version from source). In order to use the track you will need to enable "Arbitrary ride types" from the cheats menu as there currently isn't any ride type that uses it. Build an RMC coaster and then using the cheat, change the track type to "Hybrid Coaster". You will have to create the supports using scenery as they're currently not implemented.

Note that this branch was last updated in July, so it's a bit behind the latest develop. In particular, this means the network version has likely changed. Also, it goes without saying that those running the official builds will not see the track; it is only present in the version linked above. 

Thank you

6 hours ago, RedNovaCoaster said:

I cant find rmc_track_2 should i look for it in the zip file?

I linked to it above but here's the link again. You need to clone that repository and then run "git checkout rmc_track_2".

6 hours ago, RedNovaCoaster said:

Hey im a bit confused on how to download the track still. I cant find rmc_track_2 should i look for it in the zip file? And then where do i put it? Also what do you mean by compile? 

Compilation is the process of turning source code into executable machine code so you can run the game. If you don't know how to do this, refer to the build instructions for Windows or Linux. I recommend ensuring that you are able to build the official version of the game from source before trying to compile mine.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Currently, you'd need compile the patch yourself or find someone to do it. However, this RMC will eventually get merged into the game proper, so if you can wait for a few weeks or months, it will come to you automatically (provided you keep your game up to date, of course).