Possible Access to all Ride & Scenery?

Garrettcube

I've been interested in this game, and I love all the varied options for ride types and scenery, but I was disheartened to find that you have a very, VERY limited selection at one time. I was wondering if it's possible to try and find a way where all options are availible to the player so that they can make a very cool and diverse theme park. Idk if its possible, but the game seems simple enough to edit to make a change like this (but idk for sure. I'm not a programmer or anything).

If it's already possible with OpenRCT2, then that's great! If it's not, oh well. I'll still have fun with it. I'm just wondering if it's possible to allow more theming and varied rides into your park at any time without being too troublesome or without the game crashing.

Go into options (the gear icon), in a game or in the main menu, and make sure enable debugging tools is checked. Next, while in a game, click the "gears icon" (debugging tools).

From that menu, select "object selection"....

If you want to select individual objects, click on the "advanced" button... while in the "object selection" menu you can select individual objects by "checking" the box next to each object's name,... you can also select "object groups" in the same way.  (right now the number of object files and object groups that are allowed in one park is limited and disorganized, though these limitations may be improved in future versions of openrct2).

Also..., after you select an "object group" you will probably get a message... something like: "not every object from this group could be selected" ( I don't know why this happens but it does... ) and every object from that group may not become selected.

Currently, the object selection system is limited, but may become more organized and expansive in the future. I do not know when or if this will happen, because i am not a developer.

If you do not have certain object files in your C:\Users\"yourname"\Documents\OpenRCT2\object, folder or in your C:\Program Files\OpenRCT2\ObjData, folder or in your C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2\ObjData, folder, then you could have crashes or problems opening parks that contain those missing files.

Many advanced users and builders from "nedesign.com" build within "workbenches".

To build within a "workbench" you must first download the "workbench" (it will be an .sv6 or .sv4 file).

Next,  while in openrct2, you must open that workbench as if it were a park. Once the park (workbench) is loaded, a large number of scenery groups will be available to you to build with while in that particular park. There are multiple "workbenches" to build within, all of which contain different combinations of object files, but at the moment i don't know where you have to go to download them...  other than right here:

Here are some workbenches that i happen to have. They are in a ".zip" file so you need "unzipping" software to open the ".zip" file( https://www.7-zip.org/ ). Let me know if you want or need some of these workbench files as "unzipped":

workbenches.zip

or at:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjldjqk7qa0mw7v/workbenches.zip

Your suggestion is a good one, and something that i wish for too, but the availability of all of, or most of the object files at once during a game will not be possible until the developers incorporate them into the game, while also creating a new "save format" which might be ".sv7" for example.

Edited by joshmarsilio
15 hours ago, Garrettcube said:

very, VERY limited selection at one time.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Only large or very detailed parks will usually hit the limits; you can have up to 128 ride types, 252 small scenery objects, 128 large scenery objects, and 128 walls in use at one time. There is no way to remove this limit until OpenRCT2 has its own save format.

On 7/21/2018 at 17:23, joshmarsilio said:

Go into options (the gear icon), in a game or in the main menu, and make sure enable debugging tools is checked. Next, while in a game, click the "gears icon" (debugging tools).

From that menu, select "object selection"....

If you want to select individual objects, click on the "advanced" button... while in the "object selection" menu you can select individual objects by "checking" the box next to each object's name,... you can also select "object groups" in the same way.  (right now the number of object files and object groups that are allowed in one park is limited and disorganized, though these limitations may be improved in future versions of openrct2).

Also..., after you select an "object group" you will probably get a message... something like: "not every object from this group could be selected" ( I don't know why this happens but it does... ) and every object from that group may not become selected.

Currently, the object selection system is limited, but may become more organized and expansive in the future. I do not know when or if this will happen, because i am not a developer.

If you do not have certain object files in your C:\Users\"yourname"\Documents\OpenRCT2\object, folder or in your C:\Program Files\OpenRCT2\ObjData, folder or in your C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2\ObjData, folder, then you could have crashes or problems opening parks that contain those missing files.

Many advanced users and builders from "nedesign.com" build within "workbenches".

To build within a "workbench" you must first download the "workbench" (it will be an .sv6 or .sv4 file).

Next,  while in openrct2, you must open that workbench as if it were a park. Once the park (workbench) is loaded, a large number of scenery groups will be available to you to build with while in that particular park. There are multiple "workbenches" to build within, all of which contain different combinations of object files, but at the moment i don't know where you have to go to download them...  other than right here:

Here are some workbenches that i happen to have. They are in a ".zip" file so you need "unzipping" software to open the ".zip" file( https://www.7-zip.org/ ). Let me know if you want or need some of these workbench files as "unzipped":

workbenches.zip

or at:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjldjqk7qa0mw7v/workbenches.zip

Your suggestion is a good one, and something that i wish for too, but the availability of all of, or most of the object files at once during a game will not be possible until the developers incorporate them into the game, while also creating a new "save format" which might be ".sv7" for example.

Thanks man! This clears a lot up. I hope that thedevs might consider a new save format which would allow so much more to run at the same time. Then you can make some incredibly diverse and amazing parks!

On 21/07/2018 at 23:23, joshmarsilio said:

There's no ObjData folder in the OpenRCT2 directory. There is object. Only vnailla objects are loaded from the ObjData folder in the installation directory, and should not cause a crash when not found. It will just not display the object in-game. All custom objects need to be in the OpenRCT2/object. If a park uses one of these, and doesn't have it embedded in the saved file, loading the park will just fail with an error, no crash either.

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, dnlmnt85 said:

Hello I can not  see the object selection in scenario, any more. 

Anyone know why?

https://prnt.sc/u3hkdd

The object selection is in the cheat menu, not the debug menu (It might have been in debug at one point - several items that used to be in debug were moved to the cheat menu a while ago because they aren't really debugging tools) . You don't seem to have the cheat menu enabled (it looks like the land icon but in a different color), so you will need to go to the options and enable it.

• 1 month later...
On 21/08/2020 at 09:20, X7123M3-256 said:

The object selection is in the cheat menu, not the debug menu (It might have been in debug at one point - several items that used to be in debug were moved to the cheat menu a while ago because they aren't really debugging tools) . You don't seem to have the cheat menu enabled (it looks like the land icon but in a different color), so you will need to go to the options and enable it.

I still cant find the object selection for some reason in the cheat menu.