Created Server Not Showing Up On List?

I just answered this question a few days ago, it was asked by someone recently in "problems bugs and feedback". I myself, have never been able to start a server of my own, but i researched how to. It involves opening up a "port" for a game through your internet service provider. Read my answer here it might help. : 

Edited by joshmarsilio
16 hours ago, joshmarsilio said:

I just answered this question a few days ago, it was asked by someone recently in "problems bugs and feedback". I myself, have never been able to start a server of my own, but i researched how to. It involves opening up a "port" for a game through your internet service provider. Read my answer here it might help. : 

I read it, and it seems like we're overthinking it. I really doubt that everyone who hosts a server actually does that. Thanks for the help though.

Well i'm here to read your explanation. If it's any easier than mine, i'd gladly try it. Anyway, at least for me, it seems that this is what someone would have to do to open a port and start an openrct2 server, let me know if you figure out something simpler and explain it to me.

Edited by joshmarsilio

It really depends on how you're trying to play. Are you guys on the same local network? Then you should be able to access the other's server by entering his local IP in the server address field. If you guys are not on the same local network and are just on the internet, then yes, you will need to open the port as Josh described. It really is "that" complicated to get a MP server going, it's just a consequence of how the internet works. Josh gave a decent explanation, and it's kinda crappy that you'd just dismiss it as "being too complicated" when its not. 

For more information on hosting your own MP game, check out these links:

https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/wiki/Multiplayer