RCTC (RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic)

I actually just noticed RCTC was released last year, and completely missed out on it. It is a complete remaster and combination of RCT 1 and 2 put together. Now I am not sure how openRCT2 was designed if it was from scratch, decompiled, or etc. However, would there be a possiblity that RCTC would be taken into this project or is it impossible. Right now I don't even know what it is coded in, and there are 0 trainers for RCTC at this point (boy I miss having 18 Cars per train for a Steam Railroad trian).

Has anyone found any valid trainers, are there any external projects for it?

Use OpenRCT2, that has a built in cheat to use as many trains/cars per train as you'd like.

While OpenRCT2 is built for use with RCT2 assets, it should also work with RCTC, though you may need to move some files manually. RCTC is just RCT2 with a new UI and RCT1 scenarios added.

15 hours ago, Marcus101RR said:

It is a complete remaster and combination of RCT 1 and 2 put together.

It's a port of RCT2, not RCT1. The only RCT1 feature that was added back in was the booster pieces, as far as I'm aware - it doesn't have the RCT1 assets and the scenarios are remakes made for RCT2, not the original RCT1 scenarios.

However, would there be a possiblity that RCTC would be taken into this project or is it impossible.

OpenRCT2 should be able to run using RCTC assets instead of vanilla RCT2. However, as far as I'm aware, it cannot yet load the scenario files.

Right now I don't even know what it is coded in

IIRC, RCTC is implemented in C. OpenRCT2 was originally written in C but is now mostly C++. Vanilla RCT2 and RCT1 were written in x86 assembly (MASM).

Has anyone found any valid trainers, are there any external projects for it?

I am not aware of any trainers for RCTC, but it does have the facility to convert savegames to/from the SV6 format, so that they can be edited with OpenRCT2 or vanilla RCT2. RCTC should be able to load hacked save games correctly so long as they work in vanilla (also, OpenRCT2 boosters and RCTC boosters are compatible. Other OpenRCT2-specific features won't work in Classic).

Since we are talking about 8-cars per trainer, exactly where does it inject to manipulate the min/max cars per train on any ride? I would like to incorporate this into Cheat Engine so that it runs with RCTC vanilla directly. So far, I only found the instruction that resets it to the max hardcode limit (by setting it to 12) any ride with have 12 cars pers train on open function or change of cars, but i want it to be more UI friendly and let the drop down do the work (no luck there sadly).

You can see this is RCTC with a Railroad Train using 12 cars (-2).

image.thumb.png.b3baafaf27bacaca933fbf59c57ff0fe.png

• 1 month later...