Multiplayer Savegames

Hi!

I started a dedicated (--headless) multiplayer server on an Ubuntu 16.04 server. Now I would like to ask if there is an option to save the park on my server through the game. I see that there are autosaves on my server but I want to start the OpenRCT2 server with the same command (at server boot for example). Now the savegame starts every time at the same point and no changes are saved on the loaded .sv6-file.

Another question is, if there is any possibility to pause the game, so it does not run forward when I am not connected to the server.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think there currently is a way to save from a headless server. Since you can use the in-game command line from console though, it should be possible to add a "save_park" command for that. Feel free to suggest it on GitHub.

About the other question: Yes! It is possible to make the server automatically pause when there are no clients connected. In your config.ini file you'll fine an entry called "pause_server_if_no_clients". Just change this value to "true" and it should work.

Thanks for your reply. I suggested a "save_park" on github and there is already feedback. :D

How can I use the in-game command line from console? When I am starting OpenRCT2 with headless parameter via console (putty via ssh on ubuntu server) it throws notifications because it fails to advertise the server but if I type a command nothing happens. @janisozaur suggested on Github to use the dedicated CLI client. How can I use that? I cannot find any information about a dedicated CLI client (only about --headless parameter).