Reversable Boosters

Xenophic

I don't know that much about programming, but is it possible, given the current physics of the game to make reverse boosters, such as those in rides like Th13teen at Alton towers or Revolution at Blackpool pleasure beach, i feel it would make certain types of shuttle a lot easier. As i mentioned earlier, i don't know much about the programming behind the game, but is it possible to change the boster's value to a signed integer, to allow backwards acceleration?

Bppb irn bru revolution.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 4.5.2018 at 16:59, X7123M3-256 said:

The Arrow launched loop can be built in vanilla without any hacks at all - the reverse launch is not actually necessary for the train to make the loop (in game I mean, not IRL).

Tutorial pls. The train has to stop on a flat track after the loop and then start reversing. Have fun pulling that off in vanilla rct2 ! >_>

8 hours ago, NightHawk said:

Tutorial pls. The train has to stop on a flat track after the loop and then start reversing. Have fun pulling that off in vanilla rct2 ! >_>

Just set the launch speed so the train rolls back. You can't make the reverse launch actually work (not easily, anyway), but you don't actually need it for the train to make the circuit. The drop alone will take it through the loop and as long as the rear car makes it up to the station (which it will) the whole train gets pulled in. I usually add brake pieces set to the minimum speed and one upward piece at the end of the track, to ensure it doesn't go off the end when loaded. You could make the upward track invisible and add a few invisible cars to the front of the train if you don't like this.