Group Park 8

Broxzier

Alright everyone, here's what i made this turn:

image.thumb.png.b1871869e40d2911b118a05011948c48.png

I made station for my launched coaster. I also made a transfer track and a small building to store the coaster trains. It still needs some stuff all around, but that will be for a later turn :P 

image.png.97948c2dabbba3a67cd60532fe523854.png

I also took these 2 trackitecture rides, and turned them into 1:

unknown.png

I copied a piece of this track and used it in my station as well (with a different color). 

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.13.sv6

@Broxzier, your turn!

Claimed: -
Queue: Broxzier, UTMAN, Wuis, Deurklink
Missed: Redscope53, giraty

• Like 1

Made a small swinging ship ride and a small building next to the bay. Also I've added a ride into the ship, since a lot of area there were led to nothing and people "gpt lost". I've also added a toilet into the ship, since I forgot to add one in my previous turn. I increased the number of staff. We had 4 engineers for the entire park... so i added a few. Also some security guards since we had a serious problems with vandalism.

Claimed:
Queue:  Wuis, Deurklink, Broxzier, UTMAN
Missed: Redscope53, giraty

Your turn @Wuis!

image.thumb.png.8d791ff434a5ba2733bc73669294bd37.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.15.sv6

• Like 1

Sorry for taking so long. Here are my contributions:

5b073d9abad82_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-2500-31-11.png.22e327fe64b838a32e863a532937b835.png 5b073d9a29bda_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-2500-31-26.png.08a0e1cd7352a9d7375558e72b9ea96e.png

I've tidied up the greenery near the paths, mostly adding some flowers and other bushes, and I've added parked cars to the parking lot. Most of them seem to be idots and park halfway on the pavement and stuff. Must be a radical country...

Queue:  UTMAN, Broxzier
Missed: Redscope53, giraty, Wuis, Deurklink

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.16.sv6

@UTMAN You're up

Edited by Broxzier
forgot to tag
12 hours ago, Broxzier said:

I've tidied up the greenery near the paths, mostly adding some flowers and other bushes, and I've added parked cars to the parking lot. Most of them seem to be idots and park halfway on the pavement and stuff. Must be a radical country..

I'll fix the spacing when i take my next turn

17 hours ago, UTMAN said:

I've build a coaster called Sybilla. Full of loops and corkscrews. I hope you all like it. Your turn again @Broxzier

Here's a tip: It's usually better to use less trains than the block sections allow. In this case, I would use 2 trains. There's now often 1 train waiting at the station, and 1 train at the top of the lift hill. If I were to ride this coaster, that would annoy me a lot :P 

image.png.3c6c700340e014072979cacfd9143d69.png

Also, I would make the trains a bit shorter (probably 5 cars). This will make it look a lot better, especially since the coaster is quite low to the ground. 

I've tested it with two trains, but the difference is minimal. The track duration goes from 1:42 to 1:41 or something. The probelm is mostly that the block brakes are relatively close to each other. The queue waiting time doesn't seem to be so bad though, at only ~6 minutes most of the time.

30 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

I've tested it with two trains, but the difference is minimal. The track duration goes from 1:42 to 1:41 or something. The probelm is mostly that the block brakes are relatively close to each other. The queue waiting time doesn't seem to be so bad though, at only ~6 minutes most of the time.

As far as i know, the ride duration counter is stopped when a car is stopped by the block brakes. I just tested it with 2 trains (of 5 cars) and they no longer had to stop and wait all the time. Of course this would require a small track change to allow the trains to make it through all inversions.

For clarity, this would only be for aesthetic reasons. I didn't look at the effect on queue times. 

Edited by Deurklink

I've cleaned up the entrance area somewhat, by adding gladd behind the walls with holes in them, adding fences, adding some foliage, adding a signpost, and a new shortcut path for people to use who are more familiar with the park already.

5b0c094d89b49_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-2815-49-49.png.7240eab9de722075a7f6f0b71138c1c1.png

I've also added a small building near the parking lot, whick I will finish later, and sewers underground (they look cool when you use the cut-away view! :D)

Queue: UTMAN, Wuis, Broxzier
Missed: Redscope53, giraty, Deurklink

@UTMAN

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.19.sv6

8 hours ago, Broxzier said:

I've cleaned up the entrance area somewhat, by adding gladd behind the walls with holes in them, adding fences, adding some foliage, adding a signpost, and a new shortcut path for people to use who are more familiar with the park already.

5b0c094d89b49_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-2815-49-49.png.7240eab9de722075a7f6f0b71138c1c1.png

I've also added a small building near the parking lot, whick I will finish later, and sewers underground (they look cool when you use the cut-away view! :D)

Queue: UTMAN, Wuis, Broxzier
Missed: Redscope53, giraty, Deurklink

@UTMAN

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.19.sv6

Mmmmm sexy blue gladd... yeah I love gladd..