Group Park 8

Broxzier

Oh my, I've been busy all week and I see we've started! lol. I like the landscape, we've just got to be careful with the limited water area, I like the fact its a small area, not that we couldn't add some water in elsewhere, these GPs tend to.. build massive rides over the water... Good looking start, guys.

On 4/21/2018 at 19:06, Deurklink said:

These themes usually work well (with some rides that work well in that theme):

- Mine theme - Vertical drop coaster (Baron 1898), steam train, river rapids, wild mouse, mine train coaster

- Forest / Medieval theme - Woodie, Log flume, wild mouse

- Mechanical / Steampunk theme - Heartline twister, launched freefall, launched coaster

- Water / Pirates theme - Splash boats, boat rental, Pulsar(walibi belgium)

- Wild west

- Asian theme

- Space theme

Mine/Wild West work well together, obviously. I think Steampunk is very limited in terms of diversity, especially since its NCSO. 

Medieval is over done imo (and I'm literally a medieval history major and do everything medieval lol)
Asian themed maybe? We don't seem to do too much with it, except in GP5.

I'm also down for water/pirate theme. 1:1 scale Seaworld model, anyone? 

I'm sure interested in building mine/wild west or Asian areas if somebody else is interested in doing so too.

Maybe a dinosaur themed area because the new Jurassic World Evolution game upcoming. (Like the petting zoo in the previous GP, but set up somewhat larger).

We could, because there are only 6 of us (edit: make that 8), get a plot of land you have to give a theme and name to. Everyone is then allowed to build there as long as they keep with the theme.  The rest of the land is then "neutral" or "random" themed. I don't mind getting somewhat more difficult terrain if so.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 2
Just now, Wuis said:

I'm sure interested in building mine/wild west or Asian areas if somebody else is interested in doing so too.

Maybe a dinosaur themed area because the new Jurassic World Evolution game upcoming. (Like the petting zoo in the previous GP, but set up somewhat larger).

We could, because there are only 6 of us, get a plot of land you have to give a theme and name to. Everyone is then allowed to build there as long as they keep with the theme.  The rest of the land is then "neutral" or "random"themed.

I like this idea.

7 hours ago, RedScope53 said:

I think Steampunk is very limited in terms of diversity, especially since its NCSO. 

Ha, you'd be amazed at the stuff you can do with trackitecture :P I have built huge tesla coils, big moving pistons, and I have seen people make airships and huge dinosaur robots. 

When you get a little bit creative you can build wonderful stuff in this style. 

I also really like building Asian themed stuff by the way.

Edited by Deurklink

So I started the Asian theming. I think Asian and Space work well together, since Japan/China are both very techy/future-esk, at least in my opinion. 

I've given the entrance a large makeover, but kept giraty's original design. I also changed the path to something a tad more fitting for an Asian park (you can revert it if you don't like it, of course.)

I've added a new ride, expanded the paths out, and made a chair lift on the hill that I left unfinished, we can either keep it, or toss it, either is fine by me.)

New entrance design.
5ae64c0ea0bbf_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-04-2916-50-15.thumb.png.720169cb029e177f2524ab682abed50a.png

Closer up on the main entry.

5ae64c17e2566_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-04-2918-33-59.png.3838a98d8e941249ae785aa2ff1b404c.png

New Go-kart ride.
5ae64c13b9850_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-04-2918-33-23.thumb.png.f394407282eec8f54e7c8d48f4f2bc24.png

Started this side out a tad more.

5ae64c167f75f_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-04-2918-33-44.thumb.png.988ed60d63305f40a718d7cf87f4cc19.png

Added a(2) "comeback soon! signs to the railbridge. The Buddah doesn't have to stay, I was just decorating lol

5ae64cf43cc4e_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-04-2918-51-19.thumb.png.dceae6e3ac62c82fcf257cfbdfdb5287.png

Claim: -

Queue:  @Deurklink, Wuis , giraty, Utman, RedScope53

Missed: @Broxzier

I like the idea of a sidewalk lined road for the main path. Obviously this doesn't have to be throughout the entire park, nor at all if noone else likes it. Again, All my changed can be reverted if people don't like them, I just get carried away decorating lol

I have two versions here. 8.0.3.5, which has all the changes, and 8.0.3, which changes nothing, and only adds a small Neptune twister, water themed ride.

Full: The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.03.5.sv6

No changes: The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.03.sv6

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8 2018-04-29 16-50-27.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8 2018-04-29 18-34-53.png

Edited by RedScope53
Put the wrong name
  • Artistic 1
38 minutes ago, giraty said:

I must have missed reading WW-TT is allowed.... Thanks for the entrance makeover RedScope :D

Np :D I like doing decorating, as I suck at making coasters (which I've stated is why I like doing the transportation/gokarts) so it was fun to do. Any changes you want to make, of course, feel free!

C L A I M I N G !

EDIT: I am not sure about all this added stuff from the asia Theme... First of all, this Asia theme is really big and adds tons of items, I can see you had to remove lots of other themes to add it. I don't think this is the way to go.

Secondly, I really don't like the stuff from the expansions too much with their clunky animations. Also, as stated in the first post they don't show up for the 2-3 people that don't have the expansion packs installed. We should probably limit their use.

There are some really nice ways to make asian themed buildings using generic scenery pieces and trackitecture.

We probably also want to keep our entrance area a bit more generic, and make peeps walk into themed areas from there. 

I think i'll continue with the 8.03 version.. If anyone has objections let me know ASAP. :$

EDIT 2: I'll wait with claiming until we have this sorted out.

Edited by Deurklink
16 hours ago, Deurklink said:

C L A I M I N G !

EDIT: I am not sure about all this added stuff from the asia Theme... First of all, this Asia theme is really big and adds tons of items, I can see you had to remove lots of other themes to add it. I don't think this is the way to go.

Secondly, I really don't like the stuff from the expansions too much with their clunky animations. Also, as stated in the first post they don't show up for the 2-3 people that don't have the expansion packs installed. We should probably limit their use.

There are some really nice ways to make asian themed buildings using generic scenery pieces and trackitecture.

We probably also want to keep our entrance area a bit more generic, and make peeps walk into themed areas from there. 

I think i'll continue with the 8.03 version.. If anyone has objections let me know ASAP. :$

EDIT 2: I'll wait with claiming until we have this sorted out.

Yeah, we should do a poll (really just say yay or nay since theres like 5 of us lol) if we're going to do themed areas, or a theme for the whole park. That being said, we could add a non-themed entrance elsewhere, and leave that area to be the Asian themed zone if we decide to do themed areas opposed to a themed park.

However, I'm not going to cut down on my use of EP items because some people won't buy them for $5 after they've been out for 14 years, for whatever reason they have for not buying them... If we decide to not use EP/CS, then so be it, but again, I'm not gonna cut down as long as they're allowed

Edited by RedScope53
  • Like 1

I agree with Deurklink, the Asia theme from Wacky Worlds doesn't really fit with the rest of the game too well. Not just the animations, but the colours and lighting is different as well. I'm fine with some objects being used, as long as it is not a major part of something, which is the case here. On top of that, for players without the expansion packs the new areas look rather empty.

@RedScope53 The idea is that we use have differently themed parts in the park, much like real theme parks, instead of just one theme for the entire park.

Edit: Also putting myself back in the queue :D

Claim: Deurklink?
Queue: Broxzier, Wuis , giraty, Utman, RedScope53
Missed: -

Edited by Broxzier

Ok, I'm happy with my work so far. I think I'll pass the turn to the next person!

I started to work on a mechanically themed area. I first made the two freefall towers (one is launched, the other is dropped). Then things got a little bit out of hand and I ended up with a Go-Karts track going around them, in sort of a trench :P The edges still need some work, the current bushes are placeholders.

image.thumb.png.63faba605df4869e5beb67880ae62d26.png

By the way, i made a small trackitecture deposit in the corner of the map, so i can easily copy and paste pieces of track that i need.  I like to use lots of trackitecture in NCSO maps, but I'll re-use trackitecture rides where possible so we don't fill up the rides list too fast :P When the map is done we can simply hide these pieces underground or delete them using tile inspector.

image.png.96836dc4fbac1c3024f8e98c582fbc24.png

This is approximately the size of the area i had in mind:

image.thumb.png.7f8756d81cff6bad0eee3e9a0aca19cc.png

Note that this will probably not be the final path layout. It is a bit too square imo. I think we could try to place a heartline twister or one of those old-fashioned arrow shuttle loops in the yellow area: 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor arrow shuttle loop

The area north of the kart track could probably use a nice B&M invert or something. I have some great ideas for a mechanically themed station using coaster trains as pistons, or something with a big tesla coil made of track (or both :P )

@Broxzier, it's your turn!

Claim: -
Queue: Broxzier, Wuis , giraty, Utman, RedScope53, Deurklink

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.04.sv6

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

@giraty Do you mind if I change the entrance area somewhat? I think a single-tile-wide path is too small for the main road, but making it bigger requires some big changes there.

So yes!

Edited by giraty

The part between the entrance area and the high-tech area has gotten a new building that the monorails go though. The monorails in question have been renamed to Clockwise Expedition and Counter-Clockwise Expedition, since they are going in different directions.

5aec42a1482d3_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-0413-20-07.png.7c5ffbf568bab6520551742e70782891.png

And then I worked some on the entrance area to make it seem more inviting to the guests:

5aec42a31caf5_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-0413-20-31.thumb.png.807134652396e281a3af193b0c3c273b.png

Be careful when working around the entrance, I've done some voodoo magic there so guests can find their way to the exit when they want to. The voodoo magic is really just a secondary path element on the same height but with different connections.

image.png.9d3e3ea7e5f17d00c71e367cca1744fb.png

I've replaced the creepy theme with the pagode theme, but kept the most generic scenery items from them.

Fixes:

• Removed supports under the queues to the two launched freefalls, because the karts were racing through them
  • Disabled the waiting time for the Go-Karts, because they were waiting for a very long time
  • Removed a scenery piece that glitches through the river rapids stairs

Claimed: -
Queue: Wuis , giraty, Utman, RedScope53, Deurklink, Broxzier

@Wuis you're up!

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.05.sv6

• Like 1
  • Artistic 1

Claimed: -
Queue: giraty, Utman, RedScope53, Deurklink, Broxzier
Missed: Wuis

I'm going to refrain from taking a turn due to private reasons. I'll try to make an effort asap but it doesn't feel right putting things down now.

@giraty's turn it is!

Edited by Wuis