OpenRCT2 v0.1.2 released!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hi there and many many many compliments on the hard work so far - just incredible!

since the release of version 0.1.2 was quite a while ago (7 months+ ), i wonder if there are any progress updates on the mentioned file format? json objects are done and integrated already, i think, but what about the most important and anticipated feature of all - new save format - so that we finally can have more attractions in the game? (currently 256)

winter is almost there and i am waiting for over a year now to start my new park with more attractions. it currently makes no sense to start a new park with limited choices - i play this awesome game since its start in the mid 90s (my biggest park had almost 9k visitors)! :D i simply cant decide anymore what rides/stalls to kick out in order to start a new game, i'm sick of waiting :D

best regards and thanks for being patient w/ another player asking about the progress in this subject matter

tom

2 hours ago, peanut09 said:

I simply cant decide anymore what rides/stalls to kick out in order to start a new game

If you don't know a priori which objects you need, then start with a basic set and add additional objects as you build.

Instead of waiting for the limit to be removed to even start, you can start building now, and if/when you hit the limit, you can put the project on hold until the limit is removed.

When the new save format is implemented, it will be possible to convert existing games to the new format.

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:36, X7123M3-256 said:

If you don't know a priori which objects you need, then start with a basic set and add additional objects as you build.

Instead of waiting for the limit to be removed to even start, you can start building now, and if/when you hit the limit, you can put the project on hold until the limit is removed.

that's what i am doing for over 20 years now... I finally desire a full library to choose from - I tend to build complete parks in sandbox mode at maximum size which usually takes 150 in-game years, then i set the construction year to 0/renew all rides via cheat and open it and just watch the peeps having fun for months (doing slight alterations of course as well). But having to choose which coasters and stalls to put in the library is a pain when building huge parks, and I also run out of staff as well - so i'll wait until its implemented, please hurry and thank you very much!:D

(and i can't even think about to put in all those wonderful custom made flat rides because I would have to sort out even more items from the library in return -_-)

Edited by peanut09