Anyone remember thrillville?

As a person whos played so many theme park managment games. Does anyone remember thrillville? That game made by frontier, the people who made rollercoaster tycoon 3, and planet coaster, back in 2007. Because i hope im not the only one whos played both the original, and the sequel. But considering that frontier is pretty much back into the "roller coaster genre" with both scream ride, and planet coaster i just really hope that frontier makes another thrillville game in the future. Becuase i really loved all of what thrillville had, a well written story, a customizable character, On ride camera, mini games, and the party play multiplayer mode. Needless to say it probably wont happen sadly, but i still have my hopes and dreams.

10 minutes ago, Lgn said:

As a person whos played so many theme park managment games. Does anyone remember thrillville? That game made by frontier, the people who made rollercoaster tycoon 3, and planet coaster, back in 2007. Because i hope im not the only one whos played both the original, and the sequel. But considering that frontier is pretty much back into the "roller coaster genre" with both scream ride, and planet coaster i just really hope that frontier makes another thrillville game in the future. Becuase i really loved all of what thrillville had, a well written story, a customizable character, On ride camera, mini games, and the party play multiplayer mode. Needless to say it probably wont happen sadly, but i still have my hopes and dreams.

i remember!!! it was cool...  even with all the high tech games out today, i still love the few pioneering game formats that really started the trend of how games are written today. of course RCT and original Doom, Quake, Sim Cities, Annihilation, Zoo to even working with Cliffy B on Unreal and Unreal Gold.. gaaawd and many others that started it all ... computers only handled so much back then and just because something seems to be new now-a-days, nothing is REALLY new in the last 15 years except for cpu output.. yep even music too, Led Zeppelin, INXS, The Cure and SMM? still hasn't been copied yet ... it all updated stuff thats been done before.... you get me :D

I agree, even though the graphics from RCT is not the best, it isn't 3D and you don't have a onride camera or other features, it is this kind of special flair/ambience of those games which makes them fascinating than the modern 3D game versions. Sure, i have a copy of RCT3 and the onride option is great, but i never played RCT3 that much like i play RCT1/2.

It's the same with racing games. Let me add Grand Prix 2 to your list.

Edited by flp
  • 5 months later...