Inverted Hairpin requirements

So I'm trying out an Inverted Hairpin design that seems to get roughly a 6.x excitement in Classic, and when I try to build it in Open, the excitement drops to around 3.x, which seems to indicate that the Inverted Hairpin coaster has one of those pesky little requirements that, if not met, causes the coaster excitement to drop by half. So ... is there anywhere that information on these kind of requirements in OpenRCT can be looked up? Have to figure what kind of mild tweaking I need to do to get this coaster to it's proper stats.

9 hours ago, LordMarcel96 said:

Here is a full table of all the requirements for all coaster types.

Funny thing is, I found this chart of yours on Reddit literally minutes before I came here to check on this thread again. <ggg> Thanks for the very helpful chart!

I have to guess the issue was only a minor glitch, because I opened a new park, dropped the same coaster into it, and now the excitement is around 6, where it belongs. Weird.

12 minutes ago, Batchman said:

Funny thing is, I found this chart of yours on Reddit literally minutes before I came here to check on this thread again. <ggg> Thanks for the very helpful chart!

I have to guess the issue was only a minor glitch, because I opened a new park, dropped the same coaster into it, and now the excitement is around 6, where it belongs. Weird.

Ha, nice timing. About the stats, what are the lateral G's of your coaster? Stats can be slightly inconsistent, so it's possible that you got 1.49 one time, which gives you a penalty, and 1.50 another time, which gives no penalty.

OK, turns out it was the glitch with the Minimum wait time and the ride length.

If the minimum wait time is not checked, the ride claims it is 570 feet long, and has the proper rating.

If the minimum wait time -is- checked, then it claims the ride is 534 feet long, and it gets a penalty for being too short.

As far as I am concerned, it is ridiculous that a check box for the amount of time between sending out cars supposedly changes the length of the track, but there it is.

Oh, that "bug", which isn't actually a bug. If the waiting time is longer, there will still be cars in the station when the car arrives back at the station. The ride length is calculated when the cars stop, and if there are still cars in the station it will have traversed less track than if it can travel all the way to the front of the station in one go.