Only 4 different edge surface designs available

Hi,

first of all: Great project! Thank you so much!

But I have a little problem. I really found no solution anywhere. In my RCT2 version (within OpenRCT2 too) I have only a few surface designs. Especially I am missing the "wall" edge surface. Does anybody know why some surfaces are missing?

I am currently using the version from Steam, but I found an older disc installation (I cannot start because of missing the CD). By comparing the two ObjData folders I found no file in the disc folder which is not also in the Steam folder.

So how can I get additional surfaces (or how can I get the missing ones?)

The screenshot is from the OpenRCT2 Scenery Editor of the currently latest stable version (But the problem is also in the plain Steam installation).

Thank you a lot in advance!

Greets S-Man

missing_edge_surfaces.png

Wow, ok. I never noticed it before. Thanks for explaining.

Ok, now I bought RCT1 and copied the files as mentioned in the article. The scenarios are found by OpenRCT1 but the surface styles are the same as before.

I made a RCT1-Folder within my RCT2-Installation and created the Data and Scenarios folder into it. I copied the scenarios into the Folder and the mentioned files csg1.1 CSG1.DAT csg1.dat and css17.dat into the Data folder.

Then I set up the RCT1 path at the options dialogue and restarted. What did I miss?

Sry, there was a typo. Of course I meant csg1i.dat :)

Now I tried again, this time without CSG1.DAT (so I left only csg1.1 csg1i.dat css17.dat). Is is accepted by the application too. But the result is the same: Scenarios work, Data not.

I tried also to Copy ALL dat file from the origin RCT1 folder. Same result...

There must be one thing I do not see....

EDIT: I found the solution! This only works with the development version and not with the release version!

Thank you all!

Edited by S-Man42
Found solution
  • Like 1
  • 5 months later...

@Mish It helps if you provide information. I can't help you unless I know the edition of RCT1 you have (disc, GOG, Steam) and whether you installed it or not. Also, please tell me which path is listed under "Path to RCT1 installation" on the seventh tab of the Options window.

I didn't even think of that, I was just trying to duplicate the conditions someone else had success with.  I like your way better.

I don't have my laptop around right now but I can tell you that I have an .iso of the original disc, it is not installed, and the path is to a directory I created as per the github instructions.  Scenarios popped up immediately after restarting game.  

On 04/08/2018 at 11:14, Gymnasiast said:

@Mish It helps if you provide information. I can't help you unless I know the edition of RCT1 you have (disc, GOG, Steam) and whether you installed it or not. Also, please tell me which path is listed under "Path to RCT1 installation" on the seventh tab of the Options window.

I installed it and the path is now C:\Program Files (x86)\Hasbro Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon

4 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

Have you set that path in the options and restarted OpenRCT2?

Yes.  I have been playing it on and off over the last few days including trying different options and switching between the developer and stable versions.

I was going to take a screenshot but I don't know how without digging up a keyboard

29 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

Make sure you are actually on a recent build or OpenRCT2 and check if the file SG1.1 or CSG1.DAT exists for you. It should be in your RCT1 tripple thrill pack folder.

I found out about openRCT2 3 weeks ago and at that point I  downloaded the current stable release.  I can't find my loopy landscapes disk (no surprise, my parents bought my brother and I this game when it was released, 19 years is a long time to not lose something) so I have not installed the triple thrill pack.  Could that be the issue?

edit: if I remember correctly, that file was there but I will verify when I'm home

Edited by Mish
Add info
3 hours ago, Gymnasiast said:

RCT1 edges will only work with the CSG1.DAT / CSG1.1 file of Loopy Landscapes. If you only have the base game version of that file, it won't work.

Ahhh that is an important note then.  Should I just buy the steam version then?  From what I've gathered, this community seems to lean towards not sharing .iso versions of the discs