Guests not getting on gentle/thrill rides

I'm trying to replay the rct1 scenarios, playing as I would normally, however, all the guests are refusing to get on any of the gentle rides, or thrill rides, yet are absolutely bogging down the only roller coaster in my park, Which is severely problematic, as I utilize gentle and thrill rides to fill in space for more guests, earn more money, and keep guests busy. What would cause this?

What do the guest thoughts say? A common cause for peeps not riding gentle rides is that they are not intense enough, but intensity preference varies by scenario. Look at the entrance and see if guests are walking towards the entrance and turning back, or not walking in that direction at all (in which case, the problem may be your path layout).

1 minute ago, ReakuTheCrate said:

I want to go on something more thrilling than

This means the ride intensity is too low. All guests have an intensity preference range - they won't ride rides above or below it. You can see this for an individual guest in the peep stats. This is individual to each guest, but you'll find that in some scenarios, the average intensity preference is low and you're better off building gentle rides, and in others, the peeps want more extreme rides . You want to build rides that will appeal to the majority of guests.

• Like 1

I understand that, but when I play the original, I don't have this severe of a demographic separation in my park, especially on Forest Frontiers, the AI is being really prudish for no reason at all, and I have advertisement campaigns going for 2 of those gentle rides, yet people are b-lining for the coaster.

It feels like the AI is being bias for no reason.

Advertisment campaigns don't change intensity preference, they just draw more guests to the park. If guests are saying they want to go on something more thrilling, then build more thrill rides and less gentle rides. If they like the coaster, build another one. This is not an issue with the AI, it's how the game is supposed to work.

If you want to override the intensity preferences, there's a cheat for that. There's also a cheat to make guests ignore intensity ratings entirely.

• Like 1

It's not that it's unbalanced, it's that different scenarios can have a bias one way or the other. In other scenarios, peeps favour gentle rides, and the thrill rides won't attract many riders. You could test the save in vanilla RCT2 to see if the behaviour differs significantly, which would indicate an issue, but this doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with the AI.

If you would prefer the peeps to favour gentle rides, you can edit the scenario options to make that so. The scenario options window is accessible from the debug menu - select "guests prefer less intense rides". I'm pretty sure this only affects new guests and not those already in the park, so it might take a while for you to start seeing the changes.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ReakuTheCrate said:

I'm fairly certain my paths aren't the problem, no guests are going for any other ride but the single roller coaster, it's all "I want to go on something more thrilling than" which is within itself a problem.

angrycubenoises.png

get rid of 5 of those kiosks, if you want to.. unnecessary 

That's not the issue here, though. If there is really a difference between vanilla RCT2 and OpenRCT2, it needs to be fixed. Please file an issue about it on GitHub, and include a saved game. A comparison between the two games would be nice, for example seeing a full queue in one screenshot, but not in the other. You can also post it here, and then I'll file the issue for you.

• 1 year later...

We cant rely on their intensity rating because of rct2 they ride the gentle rides even tho their are 3-4 and more... When i played the saved file in my rct2 my full queue line on the slide dropped down until no one is riding it anymore.. Please fix this