Landscape removal isn't working anymore

I had this happen to me too, I know I didn't intentionally set it to -1. It was displaying 254x254 in the sandbox editor, down once and back up and it's back at 254 and I can modify landscape again!

I updated from a much older version of openRCT around the same time as I imported a bunch of tracks and scenarios. I figured it was a bug from a heavily cheated park in a new version with new cheats and options, but now I wonder if an older version had 255x255 options in the scenario editor and the new version does not? I don't recall the exact version I was on, but my last saves were from October 2016 if that helps.

You can't place some scenery with this bug active, either. It took me a good minute to isolate that issue to my save, not my imported tracks!!!

On 9-1-2018 at 02:39, rctmike said:

but now I wonder if an older version had 255x255 options in the scenario editor and the new version does not?

RCT2 and older versions of OpenRCT2 display the technical size of the map. But since the map is surrounded by a ring of invisible tiles, this means that the usable area is two blocks smaller. So what RCT2 calls 256 x 256, OpenRCT2 calls 254 x 254, because that's the visible and usable area.