Harley Quinn's Crazy Coaster

I'm going to guess at X7123M3-256's response from what I know, and say the track design would need to wait for a new save format unless you hacked it into your own compiled version of OpenRCT2 (as you've seen with the Intamin mega and RMC I-box tracks posted elsewhere on this site). As far as the trains, either X7123M3-256 or @Spacek could probably make them now. 

Fun fact, I made a RMC raptor layout about two days ago, with wishful thinking that I'd be able to make it somehow look right with the current tools available in-game. The layout is awesome, but its going to be stuck as B&M track for the time being.

• Like 2

Those trains can sort of be done. You could create an object file that contains the necessary vehicles, you can't set the default train makeup to look like that - the default settings are too limited. But defaults are just defaults, so you could then hack the save file to rearrange the vehicles, as there's no restriction there @Spacek recently posted a tutorial on how to do that over at NE.

The fact that the train is so much longer than the loading platform may or may not cause problems, but if it does, you could work around it with a shoestring.

You will, however, struggle to build a decent cuban eight in game. Your version is about the best you'll get, but it's still not ideal and a bit too large IMO. I think this is actually the biggest problem you'd run into.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Those trains can sort of be done. You could create an object file that contains the necessary vehicles, you can't set the default train makeup to look like that - the default settings are too limited. But defaults are just defaults, so you could then hack the save file to rearrange the vehicles, as there's no restriction there @Spacek recently posted a tutorial on how to do that over at NE.

The fact that the train is so much longer than the loading platform may or may not cause problems, but if it does, you could work around it with a shoestring.

You will, however, struggle to build a decent cuban eight in game. Your version is about the best you'll get, but it's still not ideal and a bit too large IMO. I think this is actually the biggest problem you'd run into.

I'm assuming you are talking about this tutorial?
https://www.nedesigns.com/topic/35225/tutorial-hacking-vehicle-spawning-using-openrct2-and-vs-debugger/
I'll take a look later, this looks like fun to play with.:) 

To keep things simple i think i would use the normal corkscrew trains with forward facing trains. They also conveniently come with a piece of car on the end with just wheels. I would probably need an awful lot of those, though :D

corkscrew.png.fcde930061ab147bd6b0a276d3ddfe09.png

I could make the stations one tile shorter, besides that I think there's not much that can be done about the track. By the way, I'm not very serious about actually building this, I'm just playing around. It would look very cool in a group park, though! 

EDIT: I think track-wise(Not considering scenery or supports), this is the best thing one can do in RCT2:
Now it just needs a train hack;)

5a4e8d9ce6516_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0421-21-47.png.d85bccdf90670613b8863a79495f0a14.png

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Nice. I'd increase the spacing between the zero cars a bit, so they're not all bunched up together like a conveyor belt.

That's something i will look into later.. I'm still pretty new to this. I'm already glad I got this to work :) (any tips on how to do this, though?)

Edited by Deurklink
  • 1 year later...

How do you people do so much with this game? Keep being amazed by the new rides people make!

Chris Sawyer remains a legend for starting the lift hill rolling. I'm still enjoying this game in 2019 and have played it more than newer park games since they came out, so clearly RCT2 got some things very right.

Does it load/unload ok with the small station and is it a saveable ride or something you can only build in-park?

11 hours ago, RollerBoaster said:

How do you people do so much with this game? Keep being amazed by the new rides people make!

Chris Sawyer remains a legend for starting the lift hill rolling. I'm still enjoying this game in 2019 and have played it more than newer park games since they came out, so clearly RCT2 got some things very right.

Does it load/unload ok with the small station and is it a saveable ride or something you can only build in-park?

I think you should be able to save the track.. But i don't think it's possible to save it with this vehicle arrangement!

• Like 1