An RMC hybrid coaster I made today

X7123M3-256

The grey ties are part of the track sprites. However, they're currently much narrower than the supports they're supposed to connect with, and they don't line up with the bents (and can't easily be made to). One option is to integrate part of the support structure into the track sprite, but I don't know if that would look much better. Making custom support sprites, is technically possible, but I don't want to have to do that. It's a real difficulty with the IBox track that the Intamin doesn't have.

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, RaunchyRussell said:

And are those diagonal brakes i see too?

No, they're not diagonal brakes. It is diagonal track with lift chain, which looks a bit like brakes but doesn't slow the train. You can make the train slow down with a shoestring, but it's just more effort than it's worth to do that just for brakes, so I left them non-functional.

40 minutes ago, RaunchyRussell said:

Where did you manage to get that track type?

It's rendered from a 3D model using a program I wrote.

6 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

No, they're not diagonal brakes. It is diagonal track with lift chain, which looks a bit like brakes but doesn't slow the train. You can make the train slow down with a shoestring, but it's just more effort than it's worth to do that just for brakes, so I left them non-functional.

It's rendered from a 3D model using a program I wrote.

Looks convincing enough though.  Good job on those renderings, very impressive work!

• 1 month later...
Just now, RobWhlkRT12P said:

RMCs should be capable to have loops, corkscrews, overbanked turns, and barrelrolls.  These elements are also on GCI models.

No RMC currently has a loop, and the game doesn't have overbanked turns so those aren't an option. Only corkscrews and barrel rolls are conspicuously absent, but I don't have those pieces on the RMC track yet so I had to do a layout without them. There are two RMCs without inversions so it's not that unrealistic.

1 minute ago, RobWhlkRT12P said:

Hello again, X7123M3-256!

RMC style inversion track sections should get made, and admended onto G2.DAT.  I'll take a look at my copy of the ORCT2 New Track Sections file to see what we'd need...

Thank You!

Even then, it would need to be included in OpenRCT2 source files. And that's something the devs don't want to do yet for several reasons.

46 minutes ago, RobWhlkRT12P said:

Hello again, X7123M3-256!

RMC style inversion track sections should get made, and admended onto G2.DAT.

Thank You!

The plan is to add all the relevant track pieces. Loops, half loops, large half loops, corkscrews, barrel rolls, quarter loops, and large steep-to-flat are still to go in. S-bends and helices were added since this post was made. But I'm not working on it right now, I don't have much time available and it's not really worth it for something most people won't want. I'll revisit it when there's a new save format.

48 minutes ago, Deurklink said:

ORCT2 New Track Sections file to see what we'd need...

Wait, what file is this?

44 minutes ago, Deurklink said:

Even then, it would need to be included in OpenRCT2 source files. And that's something the devs don't want to do yet for several reasons.

That's exactly what I did. This is a fork of the game, not develop.