A thought on.... Limitations

Hey Guys,

i'm a huge fan of RCT2 and played it for hundreds of hours. But i think this is needless to point out b/c i suppose everyone in this forum might feel the same way.

The reason why i've registrated here is to emphasize the importance of getting rid of the limitations.

The only reason I'm not playing RCT2 anymore is because every park of mine gets limitated by the fact that you can only build/hire/whatever 255 Units of everything AND that the guests leave the park automatically when it's growing too big. Those two things are VERY annoying.

The things you've done to RCT2 with this mod are without a doubt beautiful...the multiplayer is supersweet. But if you create a park with others, the limitations will be a problem even faster.

In conclusion, what I want to say is that your mod is a real gem i found, but IMO you should prioritize getting rid of the limitations, because that's the main fault of the vanilla game.

Edited by Generic12
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2017 at 23:36, Generic12 said:

Hey Guys,

i'm a huge fan of RCT2 and played it for hundreds of hours. But i think this is needless to point out b/c i suppose everyone in this forum might feel the same way.

The reason why i've registrated here is to emphasize the importance of getting rid of the limitations.

The only reason I'm not playing RCT2 anymore is because every park of mine gets limitated by the fact that you can only build/hire/whatever 255 Units of everything AND that the guests leave the park automatically when it's growing too big. Those two things are VERY annoying.

The things you've done to RCT2 with this mod are without a doubt beautiful...the multiplayer is supersweet. But if you create a park with others, the limitations will be a problem even faster.

In conclusion, what I want to say is that your mod is a real gem i found, but IMO you should prioritize getting rid of the limitations, because that's the main fault of the vanilla game.

I second all of this.  I've mentioned it a few times as well as the fixes that need to be done to the economy of RCT2 (for those NOT playing with unlimited cash).  Sometimes it was met with positive feedback from the mods, which I appreciate, other times not so positive feedback.  Regardless, keep up the good work guys!  I look forward to seeing all your hard work payed off!

On 12/26/2017 at 12:34, IceKnight366 said:

I second all of this.  I've mentioned it a few times as well as the fixes that need to be done to the economy of RCT2 (for those NOT playing with unlimited cash).  Sometimes it was met with positive feedback from the mods, which I appreciate, other times not so positive feedback.  Regardless, keep up the good work guys!  I look forward to seeing all your hard work payed off!

What are you seconding? Something that was already stated to be coming eventually when it's possible, or something that was already stated to be coming eventually when it's possible?

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2017 at 20:42, imlegos said:

What are you seconding? Something that was already stated to be coming eventually when it's possible, or something that was already stated to be coming eventually when it's possible?

Simply what the OP was, namely, how important it is.  Which part of this did you have a problem with?  Something that the OP and I see as important, or something that the OP and I see as important?  In fact, it wasn't too long ago an official Open RCT2 poll was taken in which that very question was asked: what is most important to you (limitations being one of the options).  What was the point of this reply?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

just lurked through the changelog and saw this:

• Feature: [#3505] Allow up to 1024 items per scenery tab.

in 0.1.2.

Does this mean now that you can place more than 255 Things?

What about the problem with guests leaving the park if the number gets too high?

1 hour ago, Generic12 said:

Does this mean now that you can place more than 255 Things?

No. It means the scenery tab supports up to 1024 items. You still can't actually select that many. The limit on the number of selected objects can't be removed until OpenRCT2 has its own save format.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...