CCC4! Combined Coaster Challenge!

I'd love to join this contest, but due to a broken laptop I currently have no OpenRCT2-capable device with the required RCT2 files or a disk drive. I'm trying to move all files from my old laptop, but it's requires some luck to get it done between two crashes. Expect a submission from me if it lasts until at least the 12th of February.

2 hours ago, jensj12 said:

I'd love to join this contest, but due to a broken laptop I currently have no OpenRCT2-capable device with the required RCT2 files or a disk drive. I'm trying to move all files from my old laptop, but it's requires some luck to get it done between two crashes. Expect a submission from me if it lasts until at least the 12th of February.

Sure, i don't mind waiting :) The more competition, the better.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry @giraty, too late :P If you really want to stop hosting it, I'll take care of the rest (I think about making a black list for hosting this contest...)

I found a backup of all required RCT2 data on a USB, so I got to work. Since there's a bonus point for merging 10 coaster types, this ride has 10.

5a78509c3f3a3_Happypark(sb)2018-01-2316-06-23.thumb.png.f8760b698f5b87571da5b696b2aeacf1.png

It's a LIM-launched coaster, which launches to about 9 km/u. Shortly after launch, the train is stopped for a short movie about the facility. Then it goes to the roof on a spiral coaster lifthill where it waits a few more seconds until the track is clear and the door opens. An unexpected journey begins. First there's vertical drop coaster holding brake a steep drop on hyper twister track. Gaining some altitude on wild mouse track, the train goes over some building and through the wooden pump station. After flying back to the other side, the train passes through a looping coaster looping and continues on mini coaster track. It returns to the looping and finds the shortest route to the corkscrew coaster corkscrew. The train has lost most of it's speed and makes another gentle swing through the lower parts pump station on junior coaster track. At last the ride enters the central hallway and does a barrel roll through a reverser coaster pipe.

5a78509560a41_Happypark(sb)2018-01-2717-16-01.thumb.png.7b36a0eebd485a56896958c9f0185801.png5a7850985b95f_Happypark(sb)2018-01-2717-16-07.thumb.png.a6b4a6d0058ca902e03384aff14576ab.png

The ride runs safely with 3 trains + block brakes and all merges are hidden by buildings.

• Like 2

I don't expect more submissions (if you still have one, add yourself to the list), so let's start voting.

Deurklink - 0

Ling - 0

jensj12 - 1

Bonus votes are already applied. Voting ends in exactly 2 weeks from now (9:41 GMT+1). Voting for your own work or voting more than once is not allowed. To vote, copy this list and add one to your favorite coaster. You may split your vote into tenths and spread them as you wish (make sure it adds up to 1).

Edited by jensj12

Congratulations to @Ling! You've officially won this contest.

So what's next? Another CCC of course! The next one is on the hands of @Ling. If you have any questions, just ask and I will respond. If you don't want to host the next contest (or don't respond at all), shout out and I will host instead (please don't only host the first half). If you don't have any ideas, well, too bad, I do have, and I still have many.

And before I forget, official voting is closed, but unofficial voting may still continue.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Wow, I totally forgot about this thread and haven't checked it since January. @jensj12 I do have some contest ideas (having run quite a few over at /r/rollercoastercontests and on other RCT fan-sites in the past) but none that would fit into the CCC moniker. Feel free to post if you have something ready to go, and I'll probably participate in that too.

The only thing I would ask is to try to be clear about the rules. There was still a pretty significant amount of confusion as to how anything was supposed to be counted here (i.e. Deurklink's entry had 4 tracks, my entry could have been argued to have 4, 5, or 6, yours had 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 depending on what passed for a "new" merged track) and it would make it feel a lot more fair if stuff like that were handled explicitly up-front. Let me know if you want help formalizing the rules.

• Like 1