This Game is Amazing / Fast-Forward? / Premade Coasters?

This is the greatest thing ever. I mean, not literally, but the people who put this together are effing geniuses. 

That being said I am having a little trouble with a couple things:

• How do you fast-forward? I see other people have a button for it. 
  • How do you use premade coasters and such? I have pointed out where I vaguely remember that button being.

I can live without these things but the community here seems to be pretty vibrant, so I thought I'd ask. A simple search of the forum didn't yield any answers for me. All issues aside the work that has been done on this game is amazing.

Finally, I am using GOG RCT2 Triple Thrill pack (2.0.0.6), is this the issue? Do I need the latest Steam version?

Thanks

rct.png

rctc.png

19 minutes ago, StoicSteven said:

Finally, I am using GOG RCT2 Triple Thrill pack (2.0.0.6), is this the issue? Do I need the latest Steam version?

I don't think so. I play OpenRCT2 with the RCT2 release version from 2002.

Premade rides: You click on the picture from the ride and then a windows opens with all premade rides, if available.

blubb.PNG.e1c48695eb8c70b0bc027a9ddaffc18c.PNG

Edited by flp
  • Like 2

@StoicSteven You seem to be in multiplayer. In multiplayer you don't have access to the fast forward tool as that would disrupt the gameplay of other people on the same server. As flp said, premade coasters should be shown when you click on the picture of the ride you want to place.

EDIT: I have included a wooden coaster with millenium flyer trains, you should put it here:

Documents >> OpenRCT2 >> track

Does that show up?

Wooden Coaster: Criminal Patrol.td6

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 2

@Wuis Ah, I see what you are saying. That makes total sense. My single-player does have a fast-forward button. It's a bit of a drag that my gal and I can't speed up the game when we play together, but whatever, still a ton of fun. Thanks for your reply!

As I said above just moments ago, when I click the picture of the ride I want to place it goes straight to edit mode. Weird! 

Edit: I see you have edited your post, let me try that!

Edited by StoicSteven

@Wuis No, it does not. I think I am beginning to get closer to the root of the problem though. I did not have any tracks in that location so I copied them over, including the one you gifted me.  Unfortunately it is still not bringing them when I click on a ride.

I'll keep screwing around with it and post my results. If you have any other advice that would be great!

Edited by StoicSteven

Yeah, I can see them in the Track Designs Manager now, but for some reason when I go to place them in the game it doesn't give me that list.

I've got tracks in these two locations now: 

C:\Users\Me\Documents\OpenRCT2\track  -- this is where Track Designs Manager is pulling them from

C:\Games\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrill Pack\Tracks

Thanks a lot for the help. I know this is pretty basic.

EDIT:

@Wuis Okay, they work in single-player but not multiplayer. Is that normal?

THE ANSWER:

NO FAST-FORWARDING IN MULTIPLAYER 

NO CUSTOM/SAVED RIDES IN MULTIPLAYER

REFERENCE: (https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/issues/5097)

Thanks again guys.

Edited by StoicSteven

Oh yeah, that is true indeed. I don't really have people to play multiplayer with so I just stick to the forum's group park and some personal projects. I think the reason for not being able to place premade coasters is because if you would make massive premade coasters you could easily troll servers with them. Maybe they could make both fast forwarding and premade coasters an optional thing for owners of servers to turn on, but I think it's for the better that they are currently turned off.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6-12-2017 at 19:42, imlegos said:

Yeah, the premade coasters in multiplayer topic has come up before, and I think it sorta ended with these points being brought up:

Troll rides (that cover entire maps)

Lack of skill showcased (It's multiplayer, impress people)

That's not why we disabled it, in any case. Rather, it is for technical reasons: we don't have a mechanism to send missing track designs to all players, so using one that not everybody already has will cause desyncs. This can be addressed, but we also have 1001 other things to do. Patches are, of course, always welcomed.