Risky Resort 🌞 - New Scenario by Ace!

Ace

Hey there! First post here. Having played Roller Coaster Tycoon since my elementary school days, I've always held a high level of fascination for other's that share the same passion towards the game. I was really speechless when I recently discovered OpenRCT2, especially after discovering the multiplayer support. Seeing such a large community supporting the development of OpenRCT2 is really awesome. That was just a little introduction about myself considering this is my first post.

Anyways...

Risky Resort is a little scenario I threw together tonight. Messing with height maps brought some really cool results, so I decided to share them with the community:

rsDosyb.jpg

"Biography: Tourists located in the adjacent areas swarm to see the newly discovered coast that is seemingly perfect. Featuring beautiful coastlines and steep bordering mountains, Risky Resort provides a wide range of climate to explore and adapt to.

Objective: To have at least 3,000 guests in your park. You must not let the park rating drop below 700 at any time!"

If anyone comes across a time where they want to try out a new (fairly easy, but fun) scenario, I think Risky Resort would be a perfect choice. Guests, like mentioned in the biography, are tourists, so they've brought plenty of money to spend. Let me know what you think! :D

RiskyResortbyAce.zip

Edited by Ace
  • Like 3

Welcome to the OpenRCT2 Forums!

I'm glad to see someone taking the time to get a good scenario out. So far it all looks really interesting, however you have not included a link for the scenario, so aside from the beautiful look I can not judge the scenario. But it surely looks interesting.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wuis said:

Welcome to the OpenRCT2 Forums!

I'm glad to see someone taking the time to get a good scenario out. So far it all looks really interesting, however you have not included a link for the scenario, so aside from the beautiful look I can not judge the scenario. But it surely looks interesting.

I can't believe I made that whole post and then forgot to even post the scenario. :P My bad, haha.

I appreciate the kind words. To be honest, the scenario is not really challenging, maybe even considered easier-than-easy; that's the problem that I've been having. I love designing out the land and making it look good, but when it comes to gameplay, I lack skill in setting up the research patterns, guest moods, objectives, etc. Maybe it would be beneficial for me to look through other custom scenarios and find another way to set it up.

Well, maybe you can experiment with making small stories. Like, for example brainstorm about what the map makes you think of, develop that in a story. Out of that story you can imagine what the requirements and such must be. You kinda have that going now, with the tourists flocking towards the area, but why would tourists come in such amounts to a place which barely even features pathing.  At most there would come some people who are experienced travelers or hikers in the area. You can play the scenario yourself for a bit to add facilities and then reset the year and such with cheats, as you can make current park save files into scenarios too. To make the current park harder I would put a lot of land for sale instead of letting the player own it right away and only sell building rights for the mountains dividing the upper and lower beach from the mainland. I'll get to playing it somewhere this week :)

PS. Sorry, if I'm a bit all over the place with my English, it's my second language and because I'm tired I just forget the entire language. ( I know it's not awful, just mentioning I'm tired )

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 2

I've got some tips for the current scenario:

• Toilets aren't available at the start, this will make it hard to satisfy guests and the goal actually becomes quite difficult because of that as you will have to maximize funding for shops & stalls.
  • The guests won't ride rides that aren't intense. I build both a coaster (high excitement, medium intensity), a top spin  (medium excitement, high intensity) and a merry-go-round (low excitement and low intensity) at the start which have 0 visitors. Then I started messing around building a coaster which just does random inversions, which had very high excitement and intensity. This coaster they did ride. Maybe make some hints that the guests won't ride rides that aren't very intense and make ferris wheels and such unavailable.
  • At last I would make it a pay per entrance fee park, there are plenty of easy shuttle rides that you can make quite intense, this would be easy money.

I haven't yet finished the scenario because I was kinda proud of my first coaster and to see it alone was demotivating. You monster. :P

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1