Custom Tracks

Hi, everyone!

I've seen some very interesting track designs from various members in the forums and I figured I would throw in 5 of my favourites that I built.

NOTE: You will need to turn on the "disable support limit" cheat for them.

In the .zip file are the actual track designs and screenshots of them.

Sadly, most of them don't have scenery because I'm not too clever when it comes to scenery. :P

No DLC tracks, only the basic ones.

Pack 01.zip

Freeze.png

Inverted Curse.png

Line O' Flames.png

Neon Knot.png

Experiment A.png

Edited by Nightshade
Added screenshots
  • Like 1

Ok then... 1 thru 5. you asked so now you get.

#1. Absolutely terrible! I say that for the stand point that the design is a suicide ride! sure it looks cool, but it will fail on an epic scale. There is no way the stats you showed are close to truth.

#2.  not too bad, needs a little finesse.

#3. Again, it looks cool, but it fails in the terms of G's... and that's a visual rating.

#4. The design is cool! but i notice many brake stops etc to 'calm' the ride down... don't do that... too many break downs will follow.

#5. Is actually the closest to being legit. BUT tone down the helix at the left side of pic.

If I may suggest, Think about it like this: YOU ARE A PEEP!. Would YOU ride your design? Do you wanna die?, do you wanna get excited?, do you wanna Throw up?, or do you wanna have fun?.... that's what the peeps are thinking and you should too.

What you did does not suck, but I would think twice before riding myself :D 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

Ok then... 1 thru 5. you asked so now you get.

#1. Absolutely terrible! I say that for the stand point that the design is a suicide ride! sure it looks cool, but it will fail on an epic scale. There is no way the stats you showed are close to truth.

#2.  not too bad, needs a little finesse.

#3. Again, it looks cool, but it fails in the terms of G's... and that's a visual rating.

#4. The design is cool! but i notice many brake stops etc to 'calm' the ride down... don't do that... too many break downs will follow.

#5. Is actually the closest to being legit. BUT tone down the helix at the left side of pic.

If I may suggest, Think about it like this: YOU ARE A PEEP!. Would YOU ride your design? Do you wanna die?, do you wanna get excited?, do you wanna Throw up?, or do you wanna have fun?.... that's what the peeps are thinking and you should too.

What you did does not suck, but I would think twice before riding myself :D 

Well, if I was a peep and I looked at my rides, it really does depend. 

#1 - I would only ride it if I have gone beyond completely insane and I didn't rethink about it. I'll admit it, I only thought crazy and not in the mind of a peep (bad idea! o.O) Also, it does kind of look like something just thrown down.

#2 - Some extra touches could be useful, I agree.

#3 - Besides just look, I thought I would try something different, but, that didn't seem to fully work in this case, but, I have other ideas (obviously not as crazy as this one).

#4 - The hills were a bit of struggle, the trains would stop at the hills and go back, so, that's why I placed the chain lifts down.

#5 - I may redo the part with the helix. Ideas are popping up for that part.

Obviously, I thought more crazy and insane than in a mind of a peep overall. That's something I have to take into consideration.

Still, thanks for the review and criticism. I have some calmer ones as well, but, instead, I went with these insanity's instead. O.o 

• Like 3

How you play RCT2 is up to you.. The peeps are not programmed to experience a whiplash at too high negative G's, for example.:P They'll even probably say the ride was great if the intensity rating is within bounds.  Anyway, i think most people here like more realistic designs. So no stacked helices, endless strings of inversions, repetitive designs etc. Myself, i never really use saved designs, and prefer custom designing my rides, except when I'doing a scenario i want to beat quickly where I'll plant down some cheap ones with good ratings.

• Like 1

If a train fails to make it around the track, lower the hill instead of adding chainlifts. I love that tried to build a coaster with unusual dimensions, which I also often do myself, but it shouldn't be an excuse to have excessive G's. Placing the station a bit higher sometimes helps a lot. Surpassing the supports height limit usually means it's not realistic to build higher.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Deurklink said:

How you play RCT2 is up to you.. The peeps are not programmed to experience a whiplash at too high negative G's, for example.:P They'll even probably say the ride was great if the intensity rating is within bounds.  Anyway, i think most people here like more realistic designs. So no stacked helices, endless strings of inversions, repetitive designs etc. Myself, i never really use saved designs, and prefer custom designing my rides, except when I'doing a scenario i want to beat quickly where I'll plant down some cheap ones with good ratings.

Right, everyone plays however they want, but, still, and I get your point. Expecting peeps to ride at such excess G's is "ultra-extreme". :P 

11 hours ago, jensj12 said:

If a train fails to make it around the track, lower the hill instead of adding chainlifts. I love that tried to build a coaster with unusual dimensions, which I also often do myself, but it shouldn't be an excuse to have excessive G's. Placing the station a bit higher sometimes helps a lot. Surpassing the supports height limit usually means it's not realistic to build higher.

I would've lowered the hills, but, I wanted to try and stick with the concept, and with adding all the chain lifts, and thinking from the perspective of a peep, I would've gotten slightly bored with it since the train would've kept slowing.

Why didn't I realise this stuff sooner? I'll never know. :P 

• Like 1