Group Park 7

Broxzier

By the way, we update the "version" number at the end when someone finishes his/her/its work. Here's the same save with the correct version number.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.93.sv6

BTW, I noticed we have reached the same version number as Group Park 2, which to my knowledge was until now the one with the highest number of versions. We'll make it to 100?

Edited by Leudimin
  • Like 1

Claiming :) 

@DiamondRush your save doesnt actually have the coaster in it.. Which i found out after one hour of building.. Could you maybe save your design with scenery and paste it in after I'm done building? It should not be too much work since your coaster is mostly on flat land, and i did a ton of landscaping on mine so saving mine with scenery and pasting it would take a lot of work. :/

Edited by Deurklink

Ok, I'm done! Here's my contribution. Note that i continued with the save that @DiamondRushprovided, which didnt actually have his coaster in it. I only found out after an hour of building.. Please copy your coaster using save track design (with scenery) and paste it in my save.

I continued with the jungle theme area that i started in the corner, and added a virginia reel and a spiral slide. Feel free to expand this area!

image.thumb.png.b77b424d540f02e6e3985ba287077598.png

Underground path near Broxzier's coaster, to counter the guests getting lost there while trying to leave the park:
image.png.a4abed60e68d3a3727739faac8dea588.png

Set my bicycle race to Lift ride type, so guests ignore the stats and ride it again:

image.png.6d42c77b6c2b9e608b1867cad69e94dc.png

Here's the save:

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.94.sv6

Tagging Diamondrush in the queue so he can paste in his coaster. Next time, please make sure you provide the correct save to prevent this from happening again.

Claimed: -
Queue: @DiamondRush Broxzier, SpiffyJack, Deurklink
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, RedScope53, RaunchyRussel, Darthyoda714, TCE, saxman1089, Jochem, Leudimin, Wuis

• Like 1
On 2/27/2018 at 05:18, Leudimin said:

By the way, we update the "version" number at the end when someone finishes his/her/its work. Here's the same save with the correct version number.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.93.sv6

BTW, I noticed we have reached the same version number as Group Park 2, which to my knowledge was until now the one with the highest number of versions. We'll make it to 100?

Who the f7ck is IT? Enquirery minds want to know :)

Edited by SpiffyJack

Well those extra 24 hours were wasted. I'm claiming the park now.

Claimed: Broxzier
Queue: SpiffyJack, Deurklink
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, RedScope53, RaunchyRussel, Darthyoda714, TCE, saxman1089, Jochem, Leudimin, Wuis, DiamondRush

11 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Well those extra 24 hours were wasted. I'm claiming the park now.

Queue: Deurklink
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, RedScope53, RaunchyRussel, Darthyoda714, TCE, saxman1089, Jochem, Leudimin, Wuis, DiamondRush, SpiffyJack

I already know that I'm no good until Tuesday minimum, so moving to the Missed list. 

I've not built anything big, but a lot of small fixes throughout the park to improve the park rating. When I started, the park rating was 0, and almost all rides broke down within a few minutes. At first I used some cheats to get the leaving guests to leave the park asap and get the park rating up, but it dropped soon after anyway. I've made some single-width paths wider so guests can turn around when they want to and placed benches to prevent guests from puking all over the place.

The only changes to further enhance the looks of the park are some more foilage here and there and a few signposts.

image.png.6ce88d6ca76831de2505f95515c0f21b.png image.png.c1322311c4311a6bcaa066fa90e1628e.png image.png.8e6deef66ad7fb90fab9f9cb99f6936b.png image.png.c55a1a2cf1b276c18572a61506873156.png

Queue: Deurklink, Broxzier
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, RedScope53, RaunchyRussel, Darthyoda714, TCE, saxman1089, Jochem, Leudimin, Wuis, DiamondRush, SpiffyJack

@Deurklink

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.95.sv6

• Like 3

Claiming!

By the way, I think the biggest problem the park has is the irregular shaped 2-wide paths. They actually count as a lot of extra junctions, leading guests to not be able to find their way properly. You can see that when they leave the park, for example, they prefer the 1-wide paths because they have no junctions. 2-wide paths work better if they're completely straight because then the game can properly tell guests which tiles to ignore. Not much to be done about that at this stage :D

Edit: just at the stairs indeed. But there's quite a lot of those! 

Claimed: Deurklink
Queue: Broxzier

Edited by Deurklink

And I'm done!

I built Off-road racers, a race track where guests can ride monster trucks on an off-road course! 
5a9c65861e4a2_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-03-0422-26-24.thumb.png.d26e87cae3d11dae64faa112ede2d466.png

Guests can watch the monster trucks speed by using the path that runs alongside the length of the track. This path connects the Jolly Jungle area to the area with Jochem's vertical drop coaster, using the path behind the waterfall.

5a9c667d576c5_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-03-0422-26-32.thumb.png.83cff97b82a0155a9cf7641e6a8d34b2.png

I tried to keep the station simple, and to give it the same roof style as Wuis' building next to it.

5a9c66bf76270_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-03-0422-26-38.thumb.png.16b34c5392b4ef859e24e091e79ce839.png

Here's the zoomed out view. It nicely fills the leftover part of the 'danger zone' :D

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.96.sv6

Queue: Broxzier, Deurklink

@Broxzier

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Deurklink said:

They actually count as a lot of extra junctions

They don't. There is a wide flag set for 2+ tile wide paths, but that's not an issue with the updated pathfinding anymore. The original pathfinding used this to skip a path and look for the next until it reached a grid and would check again. An advantage that 2-wide paths have is that guests can turn around, and it obviously looks better for the main roads of the park. (edit) Correction: Wide paths are not a problem, but stairs in wide paths are, since those to act like single-width paths, causing the game to think there are thin junctions.

I'll claim the park tomorrow, anyone from the missed turn list please claim the park if you have some spare time!

Edited by Broxzier
  • Like 2

Claimed
Queue: @Broxzier Deurklink, Jochem
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, RedScope53, RaunchyRussel, Darthyoda714, TCE, saxman1089, Leudimin, Wuis, DiamondRush, SpiffyJack

I made a pirate hideout on the small island we had left. Not quite finished. (got demotivated after 2 sudden crashes. But it is getting somewhere. Feel free to add/decorate it more :). Was planning on building a little town around it.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.97

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7 2018-03-10 17-00-48.png

Edited by Jochem
  • Like 3

Queue: Deurklink, Jochem
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, RedScope53, RaunchyRussel, Darthyoda714, TCE, saxman1089, Leudimin, Wuis, DiamondRush, SpiffyJack

Claiming!

Also seeing the missing .sv6 extension again, and this time I was able to reproduce the issue :)

image.png.392b6ab9e09a2d289e68e15e2a105f5e.png

• Removed all guests to fix rides that were stuck (Shout out to @Deurklink who has fixed the cause of this problem! :D)
  • Renewed all rides, the park is brand new! Now rating stays up longer too
  • Improved some paths with scenery and diagonal pieces.
  • Filled some spaces with foilage to make it more appealing
  • Set Bicycle Race to have a bike depart after 45 secs, to prevent peeps from having to wait just before they reach the station
  • Hired some more mechanics
  • Fast forwarded to make guests reach all corners of the map again
  • Removed a few icy marker pillars (@SpiffyJack)

Queue: Deurklink, Jochem, Broxzier

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.98.sv6

• Like 1

And I'm done!

Things i did:
- Changed @saxman1089's sharknado to use the Shark trains from Wacky worlds instead of the custom Shark train (thats converted from WW). This should make the file size a little smaller.

- Extended the station of bike race a little.

- Changed the ride type of @Penguin's horse rides to Lift, so it stops being so freaking noisy :P (and now guests may also ride it regardless of intensity)

- Made Tour des jardins, a nice little car ride that fills up some space near the entrance. As you can see it's very popular.

image.png.4222a2673fcc5c609e3504a826cf4fb9.png

Queue: @Jochem, Broxzier, Deurklink

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.99.sv6

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 1

Hi, I'm new. Can I join pls

Claimed: Wuis
Queue: Jochem, Broxzier, Deurklink

EDIT: don't go sjw on me deurklink but that is a fugly station

Edited by Wuis
2 hours ago, Wuis said:

Hi, I'm new. Can I join pls

Claimed: Wuis
Queue: Jochem, Broxzier, Deurklink

EDIT: don't go sjw on me deurklink but that is a fugly station

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>:(>:(>:(

You're right though. I think the whole ride could use a little bit more detail.