Group Park 7

Broxzier

Claiming!

Claimed: Deurklink
Queue: Leudimin, Broxzier, Wuis, saxman1089
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, Spiffyjack, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, TCE, RedScope53, Darthyoda714, giraty

@saxman1089, you do realize there is another arrow looper close by, right? :D I really like your design though, I like the interlocking loops and the interaction with the path.

• Like 1

First off, happy new year everyone!

Alright, here's my contribution:

Seaplane tours, an attraction that allows guests to explore the park from above, in a sea plane! These planes are autopiloted and are perfectly safe(-ish).

5a4a39f4a16ec_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0114-02-26.png.c2ed90a830a40391175298dfc98b0c4f.png

When you look around in the park now you can spot many small planes buzzing around.

5a4a3a6bed1c8_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0114-02-51.png.8c45e97f4fbec58e050e36c3ef654976.png

At one part of the tour, the planes dive down under the bridge.

5a4a3ad9e9737_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0114-03-03.png.43a91bcfbcefcde5c0a6916eb6f607e8.png

The planes then make a tour around the diphfjh radio tower.

5a4a3b3670c47_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0114-03-20.png.6bd4bad7e4e52427ea9f3baf2c9b9be9.png

They dive through the loop of Illuminati Confirmed (because, why not :D).

5a4a3b6b9318e_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0114-03-37.png.4dc20f27b7958fef54363ca47697f53b.png

They give the people in the Roto-drop something to look at before they plunge down :D.

5a4a3b99334f2_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0114-18-19.png.17fd489cf763c975271118b8135557d4.png

And finally to conclude the tour, they land in the water with a big splash. 

5a4a3bcf9cc67_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0114-04-14.png.52554d6add3da4925e06bcf7fc5b2ad9.png

I made the invisible track mostly follow the river and i made it pretty high so it doesn't interfere with other attractions, if it is ever in the way, feel free to move it.

Besides that, i made some extra paths behind @Broxzier's roller coaster. This should help people find their way in that area. The paths are mostly hidden among the trees. 

5a4a3c61008a4_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0114-05-39.thumb.png.0d25cc394062dc3049686f831024a188.png

I deleted an invisible path piece because it made people clip through a fence at the plaza (at the yellow arrow):

5a4a3cfb4d98c_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0114-29-35.png.c999a668010e2b93cde7305259f9581c.png

Some other changes i made:

- Fixed vandalism

- Hired a lot of new mechanics to combat down-time

- Hired some new handymen

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.62.sv6

Claimed: -
Queue: Leudimin, Broxzier, Wuis, saxman1089, Deurklink
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, Spiffyjack, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, TCE, RedScope53, Darthyoda714, giraty

@Leudimin, your turn!

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, Deurklink said:

The planes then make a tour around the diphfjh radio tower.

At least you avoided to say that deadly cancer's initials. Seriously, who assigned that call sign to the Group Park radio? (Oh, wait, it was me as a mock-up of the North American system :))

• Like 1

Okay, again I had to improvise something. So I built Looping Extravaganza, a ridable version of the killer coaster I always place in the Mass Destruction server, where it has unbanked curves, a 922 km/h (573 mph) launch speed, and in theory it does 10 laps (it always ends up being many more), giving an intensity rating over 80 (Even over 90 if it stops right after the last lap instead of doing another at idle speed). I almost always name it DIPG (the same as the group park radio's call sign) to emphatize it's a killer coaster, although lately it has had other names like Fa Ke You ("French-Croatian squid", actually derived from the direct translliteration of "F*ck you" into Chinese). Obviously this is not the case there.

5a4b60c386e36_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0211-32-22.thumb.png.4ace12f5b374b6d872706c81c836e3cf.png

I've also connected the Cornish Farm with the Wuis' WIP area, just in case,

Again, even though I'm tagging the first in queue I strongly recommend anyone in the Missed list claim the park so I don't have it back in just a week.

Claimed: -
Queue: @Broxzier, Wuis, saxman1089, Deurklink, Leudimin

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.63.sv6

• Like 1

I really don't have idea what to build now after finishing Quiesent Reef. So I built a new water area near that platform near entrance.

A swimming pool and a mat slide called Ahoy Slide!. The swimming pool are not intended to use guide tracks but hell the peeps spend 5 minutes alone to find the return point which looped pretty far. Includes failed bridge.

5a4baeea61dda_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0221-32-48.thumb.png.5bbb8b4f3eef331eb024ea253d3b67cb.png

I add a little bit more land slopes in this part of rapids to make the land more makes sense in my eyes.

5a4baeeee944e_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-01-0221-33-04.thumb.png.1ce17c257c6bd32ebaa9955a233412c9.png

Claimed:
Queue: @Broxzier , Wuis, saxman1089, Deurklink, Leudimin, giraty
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, Spiffyjack, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, TCE, RedScope53, Darthyoda714

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.64.sv6

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Leudimin said:

Okay, again I had to improvise something. So I built Looping Extravaganza, a ridable version of the killer coaster I always place in the Mass Destruction server, where it has unbanked curves, a 922 km/h (573 mph) launch speed, and in theory it does 10 laps (it always ends up being many more), giving an intensity rating over 80 (Even over 90 if it stops right after the last lap instead of doing another at idle speed). I almost always name it DIPG (the same as the group park radio's call sign) to emphatize it's a killer coaster, although lately it has had other names like Fa Ke You ("French-Croatian squid", actually derived from the direct translliteration of "F*ck you" into Chinese). Obviously this is not the case there.

I've also connected the Cornish Farm with the Wuis' WIP area, just in case,

Again, even though I'm tagging the first in queue I strongly recommend anyone in the Missed list claim the park so I don't have it back in just a week.

No offense, but that coaster looks really bad in my opinion (also in combination with the surrounding scenery and rides).. I know you can build something much better than this. If you feel like you have no inspiration or you got the park too early, you can always choose to skip your turn.

39 minutes ago, giraty said:

I really don't have idea what to build now after finishing Quiesent Reef. So I built a new water area near that platform near entrance.

A swimming pool and a mat slide called Ahoy Slide!. The swimming pool are not intended to use guide tracks but hell the peeps spend 5 minutes alone to find the return point which looped pretty far. Includes failed bridge.

I add a little bit more land slopes in this part of rapids to make the land more makes sense in my eyes.

Don't leave a failed bridge like that.. That looks horrible:/. You have 48 hours when you claim, I suggest you use that time until you end up with something nice. Also, this is OpenRCT2, remember you can always make tracks invisible.

Effort guys, Effort!! :D Make something you're proud of!

• Like 5

Claiming! However, I agree with Deurklink that the new additions look rushed. I won't be working on the park until tomorrow morning (~10 hours from now), so if either of you (@giraty and @Leudimin) wants to improve your additions, just ninja it again. :P

Claimed: Broxzier
Queue: Wuis, saxman1089, Deurklink, Leudimin, giraty
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, Spiffyjack, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, TCE, RedScope53, Darthyoda714

• Like 2

ßSame here, even though I might not want to be so loud due to my previous turn. I've seen better of you both and ofcourse this is for fun, no stress, but it honestly feels you both are taking the piss with us. I don't mind it being unfinished or very simple. Though in the first case, show you really try to put effort into it and in the latter still make it feel special.

You know, when I first entered participating in the group park (group park 2) I was thrilled to enter. Though when I had my turn I hated the responsibility it gave to turn in something creative. I wanted to go big, like a massive coaster. But I just couldn't, so I ended up building a simple go karts. Though I recovered and surprised most people by using a piece a certain way.

After those go karts people have been trying to get rid of me because my work is bloody awful, just kidding. xD But there are things I have not been proud of while building or felt more like a chore, an example of thus is Supperman in the same park.

I wanted you to read through that to feel my pain, as Jens can say so in a lot less words. As will be demonstrated below in a quote, but also because I want to be very open which might seem a bit too much, mean or dramatic. I like this thing, I'd like to keep liking this thing. So just be upfront, this dino might have teeth but it's surprisingly nice.

On 26-5-2016 at 01:19, jensj12 said:

1. Pick a random ride (preferably not a coaster)

2. Look at what others did with it in other parks

3. Try to merge the best parts of what you've seen into something better

4. Don't be afraid

EDIT -- Doing this on the phone is terror, seeing older group park topics is heartwarming. @Broxzier has unfinished plans from Group Park 6, same goes for a lot of other people throughout the topics. And a random eszett has appeared in front of this huge text, great.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 2
On 2/1/2018 at 18:15, Deurklink said:

No offense, but that coaster looks really bad in my opinion (also in combination with the surrounding scenery and rides).. I know you can build something much better than this. If you feel like you have no inspiration or you got the park too early, you can always choose to skip your turn.

I wasn't expecting to get the park so early (I expect it in about two weeks time, not just one), and didn't want to drop to the Missed list (at this point I believe I'm the only one not to have been there), so I had to build something, even if the result is, well, strange. At least the previous time I had already said "sh*t, I haven't built a boat hire", so at least I had some inspiration.

59 minutes ago, Leudimin said:

so I had to build something, even if the result is, well, strange. 

No. Don't do that. Try to make something nice. If you don't, I don't want to play with you anymore. 

I really don't like when I make effort to put up a nice looking roller coaster and someone else puts up some uninspired stuff next to it just because he really felt he needed to build something. 

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 1

Queue: Jochem, Wuis, saxman1089, Deurklink, Leudimin, giraty

Guess who's back. Back again ;D

And i agree 100% with @Wuis and @Deurklink if you don't have any motivation/creation just skip a turn. There is no shame in that! I did the same a few times in the previous group park and it's one of the reasons why i'm just joining the park now.

Edited by Jochem

Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, Spiffyjack, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, TCE, RedScope53, Darthyoda714

Fixed.

@Deurklink I already took the effort of thinking something to build. Anyway I decided to rebuild the coaster into something more decent, which may or may not cross your Illuminati Confirmed coaster, so I need permission before proceeding.

46 minutes ago, Leudimin said:

Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, Spiffyjack, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, TCE, RedScope53, Darthyoda714

Fixed.

@Deurklink I already took the effort of thinking something to build. Anyway I decided to rebuild the coaster into something more decent, which may or may not cross your Illuminati Confirmed coaster, so I need permission before proceeding.

I purposely put the coaster on a bit of higher ground, to make it more of an eyecatcher :D So I'd rather keep it intact, with minimal interaction with other rides. Maybe you should move your coaster to an area which has not been developed yet, there's still plenty of space left!

Once Danger Zone gets built on, guests will need a way to reach it, so here is a (now closed) chairlift! It's called Black Metal Lift.

image.thumb.png.4b0777300bf621b24c660ad25b0062df.png

During my turn I also made some small changes to the paths nearby, and build a small queue for the Farm Pet Area. Many guests were heading to it, but couldn't find it (the path was not connected anymore), and now there is a clearer waiting area.

(I don't know how prevent the motor cross ride from crashing, so I left it closed :()

Claimed:
Queue: Jochem, Wuis, saxman1089, Deurklink, Leudimin, giraty, Broxzier

@Jochem You're up! :D

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.65.sv6

• Like 5

Loving all the transportation addons. (even if it doesn't get you anywhere in the end)

Imho I think the ingame or custom chairlift buckets would look better on that if you're going to make them trains. Kind of like the Gerlossteinbahn, which features two groups of two cabins. ( Although that features the groups on individual cables, making it possible for them to be on the opposite station without requiring a bullwheel.)