Group Park 7

Broxzier

Just now, Deurklink said:

Cool update!

I like what you did to part of the fences:

Not sure about the lamps though, i'll probably replace them:

I like the entrance gate to Illuminati confirmed, I'll probably recolor it to something like this:

Glad you like it! Yeah I wasn't 100% sold on the lights, but thought eh, easy to change lol.
I'm actually really happy with how the gate to Illumi... came out, glad you like that too!

As far as the fence goes, I wasn't sure how'd you like it, so I only did part as a demo :P 

Edited by RedScope53
  • Like 2

During my turn I've disconnected the log flume ride from the central square, moved the nearby toilets to fit better with the paths, made the paths there use diagonal pieces, and placed some foilage around them. My only addition is the bridge that I replaced with a fancier one, modelled after the other semi-big bridge in the park, and opened the road so guests can use it.

Nhjkg5M.png

Claimed: -
Queue: Deurklink, Wuis, Leudimin, giraty, Darhtyoda714, 1081p, RedScope53, Broxzier
Missed: xbalogan, Philmon11, jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, SpiffyJack, cascadia, saxman1089, TCE, TheMightyClem

@Deurklink you're up!

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.35.sv6

• Like 5

Coincidentally I was thinking of adding another bridge more or less where the new one is :D. However my idea was totally flat, instead of going down and then up.

BTW, I consider paths to be something anyone can modify. So I won't complain about changes made to the riverside path which was originally built by me (after all I finished the doubling of several paths built by others across the park...).

1 hour ago, Broxzier said:

During my turn I've disconnected the log flume ride from the central square, moved the nearby toilets to fit better with the paths, made the paths there use diagonal pieces, and placed some foilage around them. My only addition is the bridge that I replaced with a fancier one, modelled after the other semi-big bridge in the park, and opened the road so guests can use it.

Nhjkg5M.png

Queue: Deurklink, Wuis, Leudimin, giraty, Darhtyoda714, 1081p, RedScope53, Broxzier
Missed: xbalogan, Philmon11, jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, SpiffyJack, cascadia, saxman1089, TCE, TheMightyClem

@Deurklink you're up!

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.35.sv6

Glad you liked my design :D
Funny you should do that, I did actually redo that path with diagonal pieces and a bridge, but then the game crashed and I didn't feel like re-doing it, and autosave didn't save it.

Alright, here's my contribution!

I'll put some before & after screenshots, as I did some work on Darthyoda's rides (with his permission).
First off, the pirate-themed kart track.

This is how it used to look (I already removed the building here):

5a15dea14f71d_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-2218-15-07.thumb.png.1d3b2a0b215a253dfe6e8824e1765333.png

There were several things wrong with it.. First off, it had only 8 cars and a big queue (more than 20 minutes.. yikes). Other than that, the race track looked very random. Also, the pirate theme was missing (although i like the name) :P

This is what i turned it into:

5a15df6c512e6_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-2221-22-44.thumb.png.2bb94405adb2956eff64df6ce3712937.png

I extended the station, allowing for more cars. I smoothened out the track and gave it some straight parts so it looks more like an actual race track. And of course, i surrounded it with pirate themed scenery :D

Next up was the log flume:

5a15dffd675a9_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-1112-15-37.thumb.png.960d76e2c6d53331c42e8c9abef75685.png

As discussed earlier, it had to be moved. Also, the turns right after the drops would make it a very uncomfortable ride. Also, I'm pretty sure the first rotating element would just be skipped by logs with people in them as they would have too much speed. This is what i turned it into:

5a15e0834d104_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-2221-26-03.thumb.png.faecde8456c77aabfceefe5566d5951f.png

First off, i moved it a little bit from its former location. The log flume now makes its first drop to the right instead of straight ahead. It now has some straight parts after its drops as well, and uses more boats. I also gave it a nice station building and added some scenery around it. I think the log flume and the kart track became pretty nice!

Finally, I decided to add an attraction of my own. I made a pretty standard corkscrew coaster layout with two loopings and a double corkscrew. Also, i added a path through the station building to Space World, to make it easier for peeps to get there without getting lost. @RedScope53 Feel free to redo the trees in this area :P

5a15e153b105e_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-2221-23-04.thumb.png.9706fcda7e2d72055fdffe0a9354a603.png

Some other stuff i did:

- Hidden some of the toilets in the park inside station buildings.

- Hired some extra staff

- Made all staff super-fast again

- Placed extra litter bins in a few places

- Fixed vandalism

- Finished fence of Space World

I think i did enough in this turn, so the next person is up! @Wuis!!!
And here's the save: The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.36.sv6

Queue: Wuis, Leudimin, giraty, Darthyoda714, 1081p, RedScope53, Broxzier, Deurklink

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 6

Not claiming (yet), but I think I want to note that I find it rude that you completely changed the layout of the go-karts track. Further it's a nice update with a lot of refreshed areas, just note Darthyoda might not agree with a changed track layout.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Wuis said:

Not claiming (yet), but I think I want to note that I find it rude that you completely changed the layout of the go-karts track. Further it's a nice update with a lot of refreshed areas, just note Darthyoda might not agree with a changed track layout.

That's why i asked nicely first :) I'm not going to change someone's stuff if they don't allow me to.

Edited by Deurklink
28 minutes ago, Wuis said:

You have until I come back from running tomorrow to claim :D. Unless someone from the missed list does so.

6 minutes ago, Leudimin said:

You have until I come back from running tomorrow to claim :D. Unless someone from the missed list does so.

I'm very aware of that and you probably have to wait until the weekend, I'm not claiming yet because I want to allow people on the missed turn list to claim the park and I don't want about atleast 12 hours of the time I have go to waste on sleeping+uni+study(EDIT: FOOD IS THE MOST IMPORTANT HOW COULD I FORGET). But you'll never know maybe it's yours thursday!

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1

Well, my uni had a power outage so I decided to leave there, as soon I was far enough that coming back wasn't really a choice it ofcourse turned back on. Really saved me time though, so I'm claiming now. :^)

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 2

Really like what you did Deurklink with the go karts, never thought of adding more karts (silly me), and the log flume is nice, like the building. Honestly i'm pretty new to openrct2 and only beginning to get good so I see your points about the flaws on both.

Edited by Darthyoda714
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Darthyoda714 said:

Really like what you did Deurklink with the go karts, never thought of adding more karts (silly me), and the log flume is nice, like the building. Honestly i'm pretty new to openrct2 and only beginning to get good so I see your points about the flaws on both.

Here are some more tips to build nice Go Karts:

- Generally, for Go Karts you should keep the queue short as they have quite limited capacity.. If the queue time is over 7 minutes people will start complaining, which will drag down your park value.

- Go karts will usually look a lot nicer if you limit the amount of height transitions. Real kart tracks are usually flat or sometimes have a fly-over.

- For every piece of station, you can usually put 2 extra karts. 12-16 karts is what i usually tend to go for.

- You can use pipe pieces from the mechanical theme to look like tires stacked next to the track.

- I like to paint my kart tracks in alternating red and white:

5a183ebe1d3ba_TheGreatCircle2017-11-2416-40-14.png.bb17cdd66d68141aaa9d92da3160b139.png

• Like 2