Group Park 7

Broxzier

This issue used to always happen to me too.

You might already know this, but when you want to put scenery at a certain level, hover over an object at the same height and press Ctrl and the scenery will fix itself at that height. If you want to place right by an existing piece of scenery, hover over that scenery and press Ctrl and move your scenery to where you want to put it and then move it back to the exsisting piece. If the ghost of your not-yet-placed scenery disappeared, you're placing it in the right place. If not, then you placed it off.

By the way, if you can't take a screenshot, use the snipping tool :)

Edited by 1081p
  • Like 2

Hey folks! I went AWOL for a while but I'm back and excited as heck for this next park! It looks amazing so far!

Claimed: RedScope53

Queue: Broxzier, giraty, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, TCE, TheMightyClem
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, Spiffyjack, 

• Like 2

Alright... well... I knew what I wanted to build, but it just wasn't turning out, so I scrapped it. Instead I just did some decorating. I'm sorry if I've done something ya'll don't like. I feel like I changed a lot of things and I'm not too keen on some of the things I did, but the reason I did them, was to showcase that I've added a handful of new walls and roofs. Instead of just grey and pinkish yellow roofs, I've added colourable ones and taken out the standard ones. This allows for many new roofs and seeing as I removed the others, actually decreases item count. I've matched some of the roofs to the colour they were before (note: 'salmon' is as close as you'l get for the pinkish tanish yellow colour roof), and changed a few to different ones. I've taken screenshots of them below. I've also added a new roof set, also fully colourable. As for walls, I removed (what I could) of the old tanish brick, and replaced it with a colourable version. This in turn, again, allows for more building types. Again, I've matched the colours to be as close to what they were before. Some parts you may not even notice. As for the single block pointed roof, I replaced the solid brown version with, you guessed it, a colourable version. Placed fences, moved the monorail a bit, and the biggest thing, I changed the main bridge into the park. Now, if we don't like it, feel free to change it back, I was just showing an option :P

Added a parking lot, not sure if I'm going to keep it, feel free to spruce it up.
59fbe3a8c8ccd_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-0223-21-40.thumb.png.913dbd9fb2d89c4cf3474ef7e17bf96a.png
Meh parking lot, WIP.

59fbe3ae99637_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-0223-22-00.thumb.png.fd76a06773b101c92f71808557dccb36.png
New roof material, and now in black. 

59fbe3abc1292_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-0223-21-46.thumb.png.72696358b4d67e3e0d9bfe8391e56583.png
New material roof, same colour.

59fbe3a5cbd18_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-0223-20-35.thumb.png.b391747527aeafc5a70a2ebfba81058a.png
Removed the covered (bridge) path from the map, as peeps and objects went atop the roof, and didn't look good doing it.. So I built this bridge instead. 

59fbe4ffc96d0_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-0223-35-46.thumb.png.868d07fc63c2fc1ebff2fc92fa53128a.png
And the new bridge. I didn't put props on it yet cause I'm not sure what people want to do :P 

The radio tower's building as been completely rebuilt using new walls, windows and roof pieces that I added)
59fbe839b25ef_oldnewradio.png.6f905b9d3cf9aba4821d024a663363a2.png

Claimed: 

Queue: @Broxzier giraty, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, TCE, TheMightyClem, RedScope53
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, Spiffyjack, 

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.26.sv6

Edited by RedScope53
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Leudimin said:

Sorry, I have to revert the radio building back to its original status as I didn't give permission to do anything with it, and thus breaching the rules.

No, actually it doesn't. I didn't change the building, just the block that it uses. The picture seems to have broken. Down load the save and see, it looks the same aside from the roof being angled instead of using two pieces of roof peek, and doorway pieces on the path instead of just empty holes. Feel free to delete those, but no need to act snobby about it, the changes are minor, and in GP5, rule 3 stated minor changes were allowed. Having checked for GP7, I see that broxier changed it to no changes at all, which is my mistake for assuming the rules were basically the same. However it's not really a big deal, it's just a doorway. 

Edited by RedScope53
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Leudimin said:

Sorry, I have to revert the radio building back to its original status as I didn't give permission to do anything with it, and thus breaching the rules.

59fcbd01c3e3b_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-0319-56-31.png.220851782fcbedac9168f016419e5698.png59fcbd05ecb0d_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-0319-56-39.png.9b2db7f14a5c0e093d652a9133d1880f.png

It's a small building, so changing it back will not cost you a lot of time. The changes made it look much better though (in my opinion) 9_9

• Like 4
On 11/2/2017 at 23:52, TCE said:

Yes, exactly what happens. I build something, a put a roof in for example, I click the next view, and it's flying 5ft away from where I put it.

Yeah, this doesn't sound like a bug - it's just impossible to judge depth in this projection. The scenery object can look like it's in the right place and not be. Sometimes I actually place markers on the ground level to mark out where specific support pieces are located, so that others can be positioned next to them. Frequently rotating the viewport when building tricky scenery is pretty much the only solution.

And if building lots of pieces at the same height, always use CTRL and not shift. Once you constrain your building to a single plane, this problem disappears (as long as you get your first piece in the right place, of course).

• Like 2

No new attractions, but lots of small improvements:

• Tiddied up some paths around the park with diagonal pieces
  • Replaced the pillars on the central square with large palm trees, and fixed the paths around them (peeps could walk through fences)
  • Removed some seemingly randomly placed roofs
  • Hid a few track parts of Horse Riders (@cascadia please use a secondary track with Crooked House mode next time. Corrupt elements are tedious to work with when you want to make changes)
  • Reconnected the exit path of Second Run Movie Theater
  • Reconnected the path to JMT Uncle Jay's Sundaes
  • Moved some parts of the monorail back above the ground, and at an uniform height
  • Set Miniature railway's mode to Crooked House, so that it doesn't require fixing again

Claimed: -
Queue: giraty, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, TCE, TheMightyClem, RedScope53, Broxzier
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, Spiffyjack

@giraty

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.27.sv6

Edited by Broxzier
  • Like 4
21 minutes ago, giraty said:

Unfortunately I'm sick now so

Get well soon!

Claiming!

Claimed: Deurklink
Queue:  Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, TCE, TheMightyClem, RedScope53, Broxzier
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, Spiffyjack, giraty

• Like 1

Did some landscaping around the space center, and built two rides:

59ffa94434681_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-0601-09-12.thumb.png.aad94363920c906b56878e3a065c51ab.png

Now, the space center is surrounded by a more moon-like landscape. One of the rides is a hover car ride with hidden track (from time twister). And yes, @Broxzier, i used crooked house mode:P) The other one is a Sputnik themed mini suspended coaster.

Besides that, i rebuilt the monorail station in the wooden building, so now it has 2 stations again. I also opened it, so people finally get to ride it.

Last but not least, i closed everything on the farm or put it in test mode, since people kept trying to go there (which is currently not possible).

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.28.sv6

@Wuis, you're up!

Queue:  Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, TCE, TheMightyClem, RedScope53, Broxzier, Deurklink

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 2

Did someone by chance recolour the terrain around my new ride? Because it all seems to be dirty grass now when I never intended it to be... I actually custom tiled it, picking specific tiles for grass, dirt, stone etc. and now it seems to just be dirty grass? Curious as to why the change was made? Also the pathways seem to have been redesigned completely...

Edited by xbalogan
54 minutes ago, Wuis said:

@Przemek I'm currently planning to add a new attraction near the mountain where Mountaineer is located,  is it okay for you if I adjust the mountain on which the coaster is located?

Changes would include: colour schemes, ground textures, minor decoration and vegetation.

Since you want to work on that area.. That fort is one big pathfinding issue and is one of the reasons so many people are getting lost in the park :D

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Wuis said:

@Przemek I'm currently planning to add a new attraction near the mountain where Mountaineer is located,  is it okay for you if I adjust the mountain on which the coaster is located?

Changes would include: colour schemes, ground textures, minor decoration and vegetation.

sure :D  post pics when you finish B|

I'm not done/happy with the coaster yet but this is what I've gotten done this turn. I wanted to actually write a story, but you must imagine that yourself now if you want to.

5a021418da401_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-11-0720-53-25.thumb.png.9788e8a96bbd775fd6e76546a10537c9.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.29.sv6

Queue:  Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, TCE, TheMightyClem, RedScope53, Broxzier, Deurklink, Wuis

@cascadia's turn it is! :D (well not yet, but smh, don't discuss it D:)

• Like 2