Group Park 7

Broxzier

On 9/27/2017 at 13:01, Deurklink said:

So, should we maybe plan some transport rides while we're at it? I have some ideas which i will just throw out here.

• Personally i really like monorails above paths. Something we could do here is build monorails above the paths from the entrances to the center of the map. By only giving the monorails an entrance at the park entrance and only an exit at the center of the map, we could distribute peeps to the center of the map, and away from the park entrances. The empty trains could then return through a fully underground route and re-emerge back at the park entrance.
  • Maybe some chairlifts from the center of the map towards the cliffy areas, also mostly following paths so they don't get in the way of our coasters.
  • A miniature railroad probably doesn't work as well on such a hilly map (But i could be mistaken!).

These are just ideas that i have, feel free to add / discuss / scold / dance / share your ideas :D It's a group effort after all.

monorail.png

I was scrolling through past posts, and remembered this. It gave me an idea, and I still plan on implementing it, once the park is more... filled. 

• Like 1

59f00273d1dd2_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-2420-11-55.png.740e0927fc3531c3fe07c78a77a60391.png

The park has decided to start off expanding into farming-themed rides by offering horse rides.  Although there is only a small stable now, park managers are starting to draw up plans for an entire ranch, if they can fund the funds for it at all...

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.19.sv6

Claimed: -

Queue Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, Spiffyjack

@Leudimin  @Philmon11  @jensj12  @Przemek  @Jochem  @SpiffyJack

• Like 5

Claiming now. However I had just got the right to claim the park when Cascadia realized he had missed his turn and stole it, so I'll continue building from version 18.

Claimed: Dravetmi on behalf of Leudimin

Queue Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia

8 minutes ago, Leudimin said:

Claiming now. However I had just got the right to claim the park when Cascadia realized he had missed his turn and stole it, so I'll continue building from version 18.

Claimed: Dravetmi on behalf of Leudimin

Queue Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia

Please continue from version 19. Cascadia was in the missed turn list and claimed before you, therefore completely following the rules. There is no reason for you to continue building from version 18, and there is no reason for you to be so up in arms and bitter over this. You obviously aren't going to miss your turn because of cascadia as you said you might above, so I'm not sure what your problem is. If you choose not to continue from version 19, I'm sure most people here will continue to follow the rules, and your work on version 18 will be skipped over entirely (at least that's what I would do if I were next in the queue after you).

EDIT: You say "you just had gotten the right to claim the park." Yes. that is true, but you did not CLAIM the park, and cascadia did before you. Therefore it was rightfully cascadia's turn.

Edited by saxman1089
  • Like 5

Leudimin, this project is meant to be fun for everyone. Ths system with the queue and missed turn list has worked for the past 6 parks without many complains or issues. Cascadia's turn was before yours, that there have been ~2 hours for you to claim it before him doesn't change anything, Cascadia still claimed it first. Now it's your turn, you should work from their saved game. If you don't, we'd simply skip your version, and your contribution to this park will not be included.

• Like 5

I was out and as a result I couldn't claim it before Cascadia did so. Since I was planning to do once I got here I really got mad at Cascadia. Anyway I didn't break any rules, as you will see in the attached file.

In the meantime lots of things have happened in the park. The satellite dish is now back atop the radio mast. And there are more big news for the park radio station: It got the license to broadcast outside the park,  so now you cand find it on 102.0 FM in your radio (if you are close enough to the park). Unfortunately it got the callsign DIPG, which as someone pointed out is also a brain cancer that affects children with a 0% survival rate. So in the end the radio station decided to raise awareness of that child killer.

Meanwhile construction of a new coaster in the vicinity had been underway. The Riverside Express is a reverse-incline launched shuttle wooden coaster, which has never been built before anywhere (AFAIK). In addition, a 9 hole mini golf course has been built around it. Here is the end result, with the park receiving the most confusing layout award again :D.

59f0d6b0ecad5_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-2519-51-03.thumb.png.a96492739b6b3c91e32193a8c231e901.png

With the radio mast I continue my tradition of honoring all the people who have to fight rare diseases. I had initially planned to build a purple coaster to do that, but in the end I decided to mock-up the American radio & TV callsigns by using the initials of a brain cancer (and unfortunately what I wrote is true :(). On the bright side, though, the radio now plays actual music, and you are free to change the style anytime. I've also fixed the exit path of the Ferrys wheel, as otherwise the ride wouldn't be fixed.

Claimed: -

Queue @Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.20.sv6

• Like 3

And.....

Its a new coaster! Surprise, Surprise. 

Ok so the new coaster is a twister roller coaster (because you can do so many track pieces.) Its named Blazing Rails ( may sound familiar if you stay up to date in the theme park industry) and has a red color scheme. I feel that this personally would be a coaster that would be a good transition from small coasters to the medium to big. With 2 60ft drops, a loop and barrel roll. I also decided to put in a maintenance bay. Don't have a station building, so feel free to build one, since I don't know what i'm doing with scenery. Overall its kinda compact, and I would want to ride it. 59f29524d5217_captureopenrct4.thumb.PNG.394cbf6df7a8b813ca5b90459617249c.PNG

Queue: @1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.21.sv6

Edited by Darthyoda714
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Darthyoda714 said:

And.....

Its a new coaster! Surprise, Surprise. 

Ok so the new coaster is a twister roller coaster (because you can do so many track pieces.) Its named Blazing Rails ( may sound familiar if you stay up to date in the theme park industry) and has a red color scheme. I feel that this personally would be a coaster that would be a good transition from small coasters to the medium- to big. With 2 60ft drops, a loop and barrel roll. I also decided to put in a maintenance bay. Don't have a station building, so feel free to build one, since I don't know what i'm doing with scenery. Overall its kinda compact, and I would want to ride it. 

Is this one pirate-themed as well?

•  

Well, its here!

.... another update.

I was really excited to finally make a contribution xD

1st thing:

Added some scenery and a station to Blazing Rails and opened the ride.59f3bb885da34_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-2713-58-49.thumb.png.1c1e984fac797f89a3be3326ab0bc6da.png

Second thing: 

Another Coaster!

(Hope you all aren't getting tired of these now.)59f3c54341e69_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-2715-15-49.thumb.png.711f2c44252b5a5fecaa4c99613139ff.png59f3c5808be32_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-2715-15-23.thumb.png.35ee8b7b4f3517a4a9224b2c2e25c96b.png

I'm not completely satisfied with the first part of the coaster, so changes are welcome.

As of now, it's unnamed. I'll leave the naming to saxman1089.

Queue: saxman1089, xbalogan, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p

note: I don't know how to link names, so If someone could help me with that, that would appreciated. :)

Edited by 1081p
  • Like 4

Added a Round Up and Monster Truck Ride, added some themeing to my coaster (but not much), and opened up/added some paths around the park in the predefined areas to improve the peeps ' experience.

Claimed:  - 

Queue: xbalogan, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089

@xbalogan, @Philmon11, @jensj12, @Przemek, @Jochem, @SpiffyJack

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.23.sv6

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7 2017-10-29 08-52-56.png

• Like 4