Group Park 7

Broxzier

I'm not very good at making coasters, despite having played the hell out of RCT2 as a kid, but I actually made one that looks alright, and the stats are alright too :D
Its still a WIP, and I haven't named it yet, but I present to you, a prehistoric ride.
59e6da67c3fbb_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1800-29-41.thumb.png.5e9c638d273263aec10db76c464678f2.png
59e6da6a7b04d_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1800-30-56.thumb.png.c221cf8f3a89330ccc0e003fc8c44f66.png
I know I went a tad large on my ride, but I figured the little peninsula wouldn't house much but a ride or two anyways, so I just filled it in.

I've also done quite a bit of prettying the park up, and finished a layout for the monorail. This, of course, can be changed, but I tried to think of themeparks and how monorails flows through the park/ride areas etc, and tried to get the same view. I also added a dozen or so (maybe a few more than a dozen) of custom content objects. I didn't use a large portion of them, I just have quite a large folder of CC, and thought maybe I had things others didn't know existed, and 'offered' them to everyone. These of course, can be turned off if no-one wants to use them. If I went a little overboard on things, I'm sorry, just revert what you don't like :P 

• Cleaned up the entrance a little bit, and also, forgive me if everyone dislikes it and gets mad at me, changed the entrance to a more realistic one(from the Disneyland bench.) Again, just revert what you think is bad.
  • Added a bridge down the river.
  • Fenced the crap out of the park.
  • Added a lot of entertainers.

I tried to make a diagonal path, but something went wrong and everyone got stuck... soooooo.. if anyone who knows how to make it work, feel free!
    59e6da5caf870_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1800-25-04.thumb.png.e25ff4599f5f5a9469fad19246cbd82e.png
    59e6da5f80527_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1800-27-04.thumb.png.8fa59e5385ca1598b10bb82bc4db0e58.png
    59e6da623cefa_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1800-27-17.thumb.png.bfd806b10e8a617a8f736d777c9632b4.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.13.sv6

Claimed
Queue:  @TCE, @Broxzier, giraty, SpiffyJack, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, Przemek, xbalogan, RedScope53
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, jochem,

(Tagged Broxzier for his judgement)

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7 2017-10-16 23-21-07.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7 2017-10-18 00-27-50.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7 2017-10-18 00-31-18.png

Edited by RedScope53
  • Like 6

@RedScope53 I can understand your efforts to try and make the park prettier but I think you should also be a little bit careful with other people's creations 9_9

59e7842c4cb88_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1818-35-18.thumb.png.37aa6ca68fccc2b32eb9113c22b10a80.png

Suddenly there's a random waterfall on my rollercoaster.. The exit path is now disconnected, making it impossible for the mechanic to find the rollercoaster. And of course that path is very unfinished. It is probably better to revert it if you cannot get it to work :P

And last but not least, make sure handymen can water flowers if you place them or they will all rot..

@Przemek I want to alert you of the fact, that the introduction of the Anaconda coaster requires you to have the expansion pack ( or atleast the one those decorations and train type is in). If you want to keep taking part in the group park you have to purchase the expansion(s). Would you please notify of your decision at or before your turn is, I'm sorry for the circumstances. :(

1 hour ago, Leudimin said:

So I may reinstall the satellite dish atop the "radio mast" in my next turn. I had removed it in order to keep Przemek in, and now the anaconda coaster pops up...

Yes, you may, Leudimin. 

@Deurklink Whoops, must have miss clicked the waterfall :D
The path, as I think its fitting, I left it for someone to fix. As for the disconnected path at the exit, idk how that happened, as I didn't change anything up on that part of the path.

For some strange reason, it won't let me take a screenshot, keeps telling me "screenshot failed". Wonder if this happens to anyone else?

Anyways, I added a few more mechanics, fixed the paths that disconnected from rides exits (and a toilet).

For my building work, I have a made a Cornish farm area, it's a small area and it's a work in progress. I haven't added a ride yet, just scenery, I'll be adding to it each time I get a go.

Claimed
Queue:  @Broxzier, giraty, SpiffyJack, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, Przemek, xbalogan, RedScope53, TCE
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, jochem,

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.14.sv6

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.14.sv6

• Like 1

59e890b5905ff_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1913-43-20.thumb.png.83165087090e78e1684a954de40c4824.png
Here's a picture of TCE's turn for any mobile viewers. ( I didn't get an error)

Personally I had rather seen you work with the terrain, it being cut out seems weird for a farm. I love it when there's something different from flat rides and rollercoasters though, as especially the last one dominates the group parks usually. I have many ideas for rides here, but I'll let you to it. :) 

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Wuis said:

59e890b5905ff_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1913-43-20.thumb.png.83165087090e78e1684a954de40c4824.png
Here's a picture of TCE's turn for any mobile viewers. ( I didn't get an error)

Personally I had rather seen you work with the terrain, it being cut out seems weird for a farm. I love it when there's something different from flat rides and rollercoasters though, as especially the last one dominates the group parks usually. I have many ideas for rides here, but I'll let you to it. :) 

Thanks for the screenshot.

Yeah, I'll work on that on my next go. I've got loads of ideas :)

15 hours ago, Wuis said:

@Przemek I want to alert you of the fact, that the introduction of the Anaconda coaster requires you to have the expansion pack ( or atleast the one those decorations and train type is in).

If you don't want to pollute your object folder with those awful objects, but still want to view the park, you can use ParkDat to substitute the expansion object with something else. Since most coasters from the expansion packs are just shitty reskins of existing rides, there's usually a convenient substitute available. I'm not sure how well this works for scenery; it'll probably glitch but it should allow the park to open.

In fact, since expansion objects won't export, it's entirely possible to edit the park without having the object. You'd need to swap the object to open it, but you can then swap it back afterward because the file doesn't have to contain the actual object (I don't think ParkDat will do this though, you'd have to do it manually).

14 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

If you don't want to pollute your object folder with those awful objects, but still want to view the park, you can use ParkDat to substitute the expansion object with something else. Since most coasters from the expansion packs are just shitty reskins of existing rides, there's usually a convenient substitute available. I'm not sure how well this works for scenery; it'll probably glitch but it should allow the park to open.

In fact, since expansion objects won't export, it's entirely possible to edit the park without having the object. You'd need to swap the object to open it, but you can then swap it back afterward because the file doesn't have to contain the actual object (I don't think ParkDat will do this though, you'd have to do it manually).

That seems like an awful lot of work when $10 could fix it, and gain you a lot of new content.

• Like 1
  • Built one ride but demolished afterwards - now it's just a park update with scenery and fixes
  • Fixed the diagonal path
  • Placed a ton of benches and bins around the park - park rating is 950+ once again, and there are no more angry guests
  • Build a new path connecting the center with the Mountaineer area
  • Tidied some paths by using the wide asphalt one for the stairs
  • Made a few blocky paths cornered (I love how these look!)
  • Extended the kind of empty entrance area somewhat - feel free to get rid of the building and pond if you have a better idea.
  • Removed invisible paths going through corners. There's an issue at the central plaza too - guests walk through the fences, but removing the paths there affects the nearby tiles too.
  • Reconnected the drink and food stalls and toilets at the main plaza.

K4l52a8.pngQZVU8ko.png

Something I just tried before posting. This is not in the attached saved game:
iZl3WkU.png

Claimed: -
Queue: giraty, SpiffyJack, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, xbalogan, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, Przemek, Jochem

@giraty, @Jochem (moved you back to the missed-turn list, in case you want to go now)

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.15.sv6

Edited by Broxzier
Forgot about disconnected shops
  • Like 8