Group Park 7

Broxzier

Added a mine-train coaster (still have yet to think of a name and finish the scenery), and worked on the central square.

Claimed: --
Queue: Przemek, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, SpiffyJack, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, jochem, xbalogan

@Przemek you're up, and @1081p I added you to the queue just before me.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7 2017-10-14 21-24-37.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7 2017-10-14 21-25-39.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.10.sv6

• Like 5

And thank me I decided to remove the dish so you could still work on the park.

8 hours ago, 1081p said:

Hi,

I'm new here. I'd like to join if it isn't too late to. 

Quick note: My aesthetic skills are mediocre at best compared to you guys, so if you feel that something I do could be improved, feel free to do so.

Don't worry, mine aren't that good either.

5 minutes ago, giraty said:

Make syre the wooden track is used in an actual ride somewhere in park so it won't waste process table...... eh I mean ride ID table... (dang OS class in uni)

for sure... it may be too much but i'm just putting it out there. Visualize it built as a courtyard and I'd have someone else do the colors... corners would probably get replaced also.

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, 1081p said:

I've been playing around with the latest save..

are we allowed to use custom rollercoasters?

Yes, custom rides are allowed in this group park, make sure to have "the export plug-in objects with saved games"  on though, it's in the options under the tab with the wrench. Read the opening post on page 1 if you happen to stumble upon more questions before asking them, but if the answer is not to be found there, we're happy to answer.

On 22-9-2017 at 11:34, Broxzier said:

Some thing I'd like to see this park:

• Central area, like a square or something, for guests to relax and no rides covering it.
  • Entrance area in a similar fashion
  • Outside park (for simple trees and some scenery - all land is owned, but have a fence made with scenery or something around the park (I prefer this over the low border like in GP6)
  • One large hilly area

@SpiffyJack I'm not so sure if everyone would be such a fan of rides covering the main square, like Broxzier in the above quote. I myself would also suggest to keep rides away from the main square unless they're fairly gentle. I was thinking about covering the square with trees around it, so it would be a nice quiet place where you don't feel like in a theme park much.

41 minutes ago, Wuis said:

Yes, custom rides are allowed in this group park, make sure to have "the export plug-in objects with saved games"  on though, it's in the options under the tab with the wrench. Read the opening post on page 1 if you happen to stumble upon more questions before asking them, but if the answer is not to be found there, we're happy to answer.

@SpiffyJack I'm not so sure if everyone would be such a fan of rides covering the main square, like Broxzier in the above quote. I myself would also suggest to keep rides away from the main square unless they're fairly gentle. I was thinking about covering the square with trees around it, so it would be a nice quiet place where you don't feel like in a theme park much.

Its not a ride. Only trackature is used to form the boundaries of the courtyard.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, saxman1089 said:

@SpiffyJack I actually had a similar idea to add some trackitecture but wasn't sure how to go about it. I'll play around with the square some more on my turn. I don't really like the pillars that are currently there but I felt it needed something other than endless path.

The more I experiment, the more I want to push the boundary to the grey path line. yes, It will destroy the food court per say but it will open up building on the inside and out... i'm not sure either ... an octagon shape type base/outer walls might be cool

Edited by SpiffyJack
9 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

The more I experiment, the more I want to push the boundary to the grey path line. yes, It will destroy the food court per say but it will open up building on the inside and out... i'm not sure either ... an octagon shape type base/outer walls might be cool

You can delete the food court if you want, I don't particularly like it anyway :D

10 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

Go for it, I'm okay with changes as long as everyone else is. It might be nice to add some flowers to break up the pathing in the square as well.

Finally after hours of work I finished it (though I wanted to build more, but it wouldnt be possible of limited time). 
Placed Mountaineer rollercoaster from saved tracks (to save time and focus on landscaping and scenery).
Modified Merry-Go-round scenery.
Modified and extended pathways near suspended bridge.
Moved Monorail track.

Enjoy newly build 'wild west' settlement with Fort Smith and Mountaineer Wooden Roller Coaster:D   Fort Legoredo from lego bricks was a loose reference for my fort :D  

Queue: @RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, SpiffyJack, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, Przemek
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, jochem, xbalogan

59e4c63c84b4f_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1616-34-34.thumb.png.4ed1817bb5822acf3dfe30c0403dc827.png

59e4c765c792f_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1616-34-25.thumb.png.ee1829cdaf8d2e5ab1452c3d26c44090.png

59e4c7bd0e35c_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1616-38-41.thumb.png.4e7d30a0d33a28f47f79e3a33c04cc0f.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.11.sv6

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, xbalogan said:

Am I able to claim now?

Wasn't paying too much attention these last few days and before I know it *poof* missed my turn xD

Anybody in the missed turn list can claim whenever the park isn't currently claimed by somebody, so you're good to go if you want to work on it now! =)

LW2zuHV.png

Right, just finished :)
Decided to branch out to one of the islands to make it accessible later, as it's somewhere I would like to develop. I tried not to add many custom pieces, but the ones I added should be useful to others.

And so I pass on the torch!

Queue: @RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, SpiffyJack, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, 1081p, saxman1089, Przemek, xbalogan
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, jochem,

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.12.sv6

• Like 6