Group Park 7

Broxzier

15 hours ago, Przemek said:

RIP to the players without add-ons :( and me 

It would be better if you used imagination and tried to construct things from default RCT2 objects / or choosing custom objects from nedesigns.com benches....

There's something in Options you can tick on, it automatically saves any custom content from any park you download.

Edited by TCE
19 hours ago, Przemek said:

RIP to the players without add-ons :( and me 

It would be better if you used imagination and tried to construct things from default RCT2 objects / or choosing custom objects from nedesigns.com benches....

Dude, the games been out since 2002, you can pick up the DLC on Steam for $10 and GOG for $10. SURELY by now you can afford it.

1 hour ago, RedScope53 said:

Dude, the games been out since 2002, you can pick up the DLC on Steam for $10 and GOG for $10. SURELY by now you can afford it.

People can have their reasons for not buying the add-ons. I have them, but i typically only use <1% of their content. Anyway we're not gonna exclude anyone over a satellite dish scenery piece. :D

Many of you voted to use expansion content, and we haven't used it since Group Park 3. I'm not sure what the players who voted for the expansion sets want to use from it, though I'd like to keep giving them the opportunity to use it this time. If none of the players who voted for it really want to use the sets, sure it can be removed, but otherwise just get them, they are not expensive. On the other hand, if none of the ones who chose to use expansion content mind not having it, then it can be removed.

Ok here are the new, and first, go karts. They are pirate themed even though there is nothing related to pirates other than a wooden building. I figured I don't need to add pirate items when you guys might not use pirate items, but if somebody else does then I will add it over here. I have the station building which could be better ( the roof is no good, but couldn't think of anything else) and if you want to change it just ask me first. :D 

• Added Go Karts
  • Terraforming around go kart area (don't worry didn't mess with junior coaster)
  • Extended path 
  • added mechanic 

59dffd7dc4054_Captureopenrct1.thumb.PNG.3fa09d59a87b520900dcf8a01c62dd9e.PNG

While I was working on the go karts, just after I extended the path, the park received the "Most confusing park layout." Oh yay congrats to us the guests are confused.59dffdf7df2d0_captureopenrct2.thumb.PNG.bcb10a556b5ac5a5d01ab694e5ffc255.PNG59dffe0107baa_captureopenrct3.thumb.PNG.8fc3cf232e0d8248be10532671970030.PNG

Claimed:-
Queue: @xbalogan, saxman1089, Przemek, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, SpiffyJack, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin
Missed: Philmon11, Jensj12, jochem

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.09.sv6

Edited by Darthyoda714
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Deurklink said:

People can have their reasons for not buying the add-ons. I have them, but i typically only use <1% of their content. Anyway we're not gonna exclude anyone over a satellite dish scenery piece. :D

Sorry to be brash, but we shouldn't cut out content because some people don't have something thats been around for over a decade and is cheap. Life isn't always fair.

Sorry for being rude, but thats my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Many of you voted to use expansion content, and we haven't used it since Group Park 3. I'm not sure what the players who voted for the expansion sets want to use from it, though I'd like to keep giving them the opportunity to use it this time. If none of the players who voted for it really want to use the sets, sure it can be removed, but otherwise just get them, they are not expensive. On the other hand, if none of the ones who chose to use expansion content mind not having it, then it can be removed.

I agree with this, though, I seeing as people voted for it, I'm sure people will use it.

2 hours ago, Darthyoda714 said:

Ok here are the new, and first, go karts. They are pirate themed even though there is nothing related to pirates other than a wooden building. I figured I don't need to add pirate items when you guys might not use pirate items, but if somebody else does then I will add it over here. I have the station building which could be better ( the roof is no good, but couldn't think of anything else) and if you want to change it just ask me first. :D 

• Added Go Karts
  • Terraforming around go kart area (don't worry didn't mess with junior coaster)
  • Extended path 
  • added mechanic 

59dffd7dc4054_Captureopenrct1.thumb.PNG.3fa09d59a87b520900dcf8a01c62dd9e.PNG

While I was working on the go karts, just after I extended the path, the park received the "Most confusing park layout." Oh yay congrats to us the guests are confused.59dffdf7df2d0_captureopenrct2.thumb.PNG.bcb10a556b5ac5a5d01ab694e5ffc255.PNG59dffe0107baa_captureopenrct3.thumb.PNG.8fc3cf232e0d8248be10532671970030.PNG

Claimed:-
Queue: @xbalogan, saxman1089, Przemek, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, SpiffyJack, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.09.sv6

I can't open this version of the park, because it seems as though I'm missing some objects. Can you make sure you have the "export plug-in objects with saved games" option checked in the settings menu and re-upload?

It seems you don't have the expansion packs, as I can open it anyway. As said, the "export plug-in objects with saved games" doesn't work with expansion content. Since I was the one who put in the satellite dish, I'm doing a quick claim to remove it, and I'll try to put something else when I get the turn back.

Claimed: -
Queue: @xbalogan, saxman1089, Przemek, RedScope53, TCE, Broxzier, giraty, SpiffyJack, Deurklink, Wuis, Cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714

Edit: Here's the new save. It should work for those without the expansion packs: The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.09a.sv6

Edited by Leudimin
  • Like 1

I have the expansion packs, all the missing  objects are listed as custom. You are able to open it because you happen to have the custom objects that were added, but I don't. I could hunt for them, but it would be better if all the objects were exported with the park so that anyone can open it without having to hunt for objects. 

EDIT: Also, Broxzier said above that the expansion content can stay, seeing as people voted to have it. So, you didn't have to remove the dish.

Edited by saxman1089
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, jensj12 said:

I thought the most confusing park layout award comes from using multiple different scenery groups close to each other, rather than having a confusing path layout.

Actually, it counts the number of peeps that are lost or cannot find an attraction they're looking for. If this is higher than a certain threshold, you can get the award.

• Like 1

Maybe it's fun to do a quick summary of what has been built every time the queue reaches saxman again.

So, in a random order, what has been built in the first 10 years of the group park:

An extensively decorated merry-go round. I think those flowers need some water though. :D

59e20180a92c0_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1414-14-25.thumb.png.a4a0648dd502ee34b477467e3533436f.png

A ferris wheel decorated with lots of greenery, and some small buildings behind it. In front of that is a 3D cinema with a food court that sells penguin food. At least that's what the signs say (I hope you like fish). :D

59e20186e0de7_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1414-14-37.thumb.png.9902904ab776172b02a98b9930338326.png

A junior coaster, with cars synchronised to travel up the lift hill at the same time. Decorated with lots of trees and bushes, and a beautiful building. Behind that is an obviously pirate themed karrrrrrrrt track with a very woody building :P

59e2018b90784_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1414-14-53.thumb.png.4dded15b0c8be8eaa83f5d7053a56205.png

A radio tower, broadcasting the newest pop songs to peeps in a wide area. There are rumours it once had a giant satellite dish. To the left you can see a beautiful bridge which leads to one of the entrances of the park.

59e20195d6d2a_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1414-15-30.thumb.png.7a8c5519793fdf8d1f227ee75eba814c.png

A closer look at the entrance. A nice building with shops has been put here, together with the beginning of a monorail track. It's rumoured that completing the monorail will take at least another 20 years:D.

A scrambler ride has been put close to the entrance surrounded by a nice building.

59e201a086ea8_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1414-15-48.thumb.png.f4bbaab67654272e9abdb5b63eea49ec.png

A launched floorless coaster which travels through several inversions. Colors chosen by someone who lacks any form of taste. Oh wait it was me. :o

59e201a61d6a6_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1414-16-25.thumb.png.23df10b3ddc0283a6a033bc40d9e084f.png

A food court at the central plaza, which does not yet really deserve the name plaza :D

59e201ac383ab_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-10-1414-16-31.thumb.png.b2e4d71cd15e42841d709bc01ed0697f.png

All right, that's all for now! Time for an exciting second round! :D Will @SpiffyJack build something this time? Stay tuned to find out!

• Like 2