Group Park 7

Broxzier

14 hours ago, Deurklink said:

About custom objects.. I am not a big fan of custom scenery myself, but i saw the poll results and we will not reach consensus on this anytime soon :P Perhaps if someone wants to use custom scenery it's best if that person asks the forum for permission to use those pieces before placing them. If most people like them then why not.

I agree with the custom scenery, and also the current map is really good. :D

Edited by Darthyoda714
2 hours ago, Broxzier said:

The list of players: @Broxzier, @cascadia, @Darthyoda714, @Deurklink, @giraty, @jensj12, @Przemek, @saxman1089, @SpiffyJack, @Wuis

Please confirm if you're in: @imlegos, @Leudimin

Starting in missed turn list (because of time): @Jochem, @Philmon11

Correct me if I've missed something.

You can also put me at the back of the list. I'm not in a hurry ;D. Wanna see what the rest builds first.

Edited by Jochem

I'm a thinkin bout stuff.... Thoughts?  Finished vision i'm thinking: Is the center arch sweeps to level each side. It would have a bell shape to it and keep the entry completely open.. of course picture the proper supports as well.. and it could be functional too if somebody liked the idea.59d0678f5655b_2017-09-3020-53-34.thumb.png.4103ea3963d34ebc609ddb88a0a84d17.png

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

I'm a thinkin bout stuff.... Thoughts?  Finished vision i'm thinking: Is the center arch sweeps to level each side. It would have a bell shape to it and keep the entry completely open.. of course picture the proper supports as well.. and it could be functional too if somebody liked the idea.59d0678f5655b_2017-09-3020-53-34.thumb.png.4103ea3963d34ebc609ddb88a0a84d17.png

I like it!!!

And it would be awesome to have a train running over that at some point :D

8 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

Man it looks cool! The track choice is perfect, reminds me of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Canyon_Dam_Bridge#/media/File:Glen_Dam_bridge.JPG

I'd like to see what you mean by extending the center arch though. If we could make it look like a realistic arch bridge, that would be super cool. I also totally agree with Deurklink about having a train going over.  We could hack it so the train turns around on the one cliff and goes back over to the other (if you want a single track over the bridge), or you can just have two tracks over the bridge.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

I really like it but I don't if I like the blue color. We could have a chairlift up there, and have a winding path on the side of the cliffs? 

Edited by Darthyoda714
8 hours ago, saxman1089 said:

I'd like to see what you mean by extending the center arch though. If we could make it look like a realistic arch bridge, that would be super cool. I also totally agree with Deurklink about having a train going over.  We could hack it so the train turns around on the one cliff and goes back over to the other (if you want a single track over the bridge), or you can just have two tracks over the bridge.

The Bridge will be absolutely realistic. This was just a rough concept. I was checking the span, heights and connecting points. no reason for the blue either, I was in a blue mood :D . Lastly, I used this location due to the proportions but I'm still uncertain.

Edited by SpiffyJack
10 hours ago, Darthyoda714 said:

Hey @Broxzier(or anybody), What does the NCSO mean in the first post? It says will determined once we have begun and haven't we begun.

Thanks for reminding me, I've updated it now.

In addition to saxman: If you really feel like a very specific objects needs to be used for your area, adding it is fine, just keep it to a minimum. :)

• Like 1

And here weeee gooooo!

I added a building near the canyon entrance with an info kiosk and restrooms, a scrambler ride, and I made a nice bridge from the canyon entrance over to the center part of the park.  Added a few custom objects, but added ones I thought others would definitely use. I also placed a first monorail station on the other side of the bridge (no building yet), and connected a single-wide path to the other entrance (this can be modified/added to as needed).  All this is not the best start, but I was somewhat lacking inspiration after I built the bridge.

Claimed: --
Queue: @Wuis, Przemek, Broxzier, giraty, SpiffyJack, Deurklink, jensj12, cascadia, Leudimin, Darthyoda714, Jochem, saxman1089
Missed: Philmon11

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.01.sv6

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7 2017-10-02 18-34-42.png

• Like 7