Group Park 7

Broxzier

8 hours ago, Deurklink said:

I think you uploaded the wrong file, because i don't see the changes in it that i see in the screenshot like the brown land on the cliffs that i added (*Mumbles something about filenames staying the same:P*)

But you were correct.. (*chuckles to himself... the one time I upload the wrong file..lol . :P )  

Once the scenario options are complete it, it can change to a game file but I'm not doing that part.

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone else wants to make big changes to the landscape file anymore. Then there's just the thing left that @Deurklink mentioned, how will we build the transport rides? Personally I'm not a big fan of having monirails following the paths exactly, but here and there is fine, and I would like to not have a station right at the entrance, but like a 100+ meter (300+ feet) walk away from it.

These are just my opinions, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, saxman1089 said:

Hmmm. What about a monorail moving around the main part of the park something like this? I think it keeps a lot of the ideas we had at the beginning, puts a station near (but not too close to) each entrance, and provides a nice way around the park.

I guess it would look somewhat like this?

Group Park 7 2017-09-28 19-05-54.png

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 2

Did my picture not show up? But yes, very similar to what you had drawn.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized you put an actual monorail in.... duh. Does it stay the same elevation throughout the park? I can't tell from your screen. If not, I would suggest doing that.

Edited by saxman1089
23 minutes ago, saxman1089 said:

Did my picture not show up? But yes, very similar to what you had drawn.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized you put an actual monorail in.... duh. Does it stay the same elevation throughout the park? I can't tell from your screen. If not, I would suggest doing that.

Because of the height differences in the map, the monorail cannot stay at a constant elevation.. It would probably only work well with short trains (or some cheats:P

EDIT: I attached the save file just as an example

Group Park 7 monorail example.sv6

Edited by Deurklink

How about chairlifts? 

- They work well in a map with lots of height differences

- We can make their end stations blend nicely into the cliffs

- They will not interfere with the stuff we make on the ground that much since they can be built pretty high and in a straight line

I attached an example save and some screenshots. Note that i now made them end on some arbritratry rocks in the center but in the real park their end station would be a nice building, to be created by people who love doing that.

Note that the screenshots below are just some quick ideas that i created in a few minutes, if you guys don't like this idea I'm perfectly fine with that:D

Group Park 7 2017-09-28 20-40-36.png

Group Park 7 2017-09-28 20-40-09.png

Group Park 7 2017-09-28 20-40-22.png

Group Park 7 2017-09-28 20-39-46.png

Group Park 7 chairlift example.sv6

7 hours ago, Broxzier said:

I don't think anyone else wants to make big changes to the landscape file anymore. Then there's just the thing left that @Deurklink mentioned, how will we build the transport rides? Personally I'm not a big fan of having monirails following the paths exactly, but here and there is fine, and I would like to not have a station right at the entrance, but like a 100+ meter (300+ feet) walk away from it.

These are just my opinions, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

I am somewhat torn as to which direction to think on this decision. THIS IS ALL JUST MY OPINION... I do know I'm not feeling the idea of stations of any type built into the cliff areas as they will act like bottle necks for peeps and paths. The ease of using chairlifts is a plus, but perhaps only use for the flat lands to top of cliffs and maybe a series of elevators could work as well. If the transport rides operated as transport rides I would probably think differently. On the flip side I ask myself, why design a global transport system at this time? First focus should be from entry gates to central area. By the time that task has a direction, other concepts will be presented and the park will react at that time. If a builder wants to create an area far away, perhaps temporary transport can be used, but there will always be a path involved anyway to keep peeps happy. 

ATM that's all I have. :D  

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 2

We can use both. A monorail for around the central square, like how saxman has sketched, and chairlifsts and lifsts for transport up the cliffs. They could be made to look similar to how we had them in Group Park 4.

IxCOyly.png

I think it should be possible to get to get the monorail on one height. The track doesn't always have to have the same relative height from the ground.

• Like 2

@Broxzier .. You feel like completing the scenario with the stripped map? chose the options etc. from the builders ... get the game file extension so the park versions can be separated. I have a few ideas but i'm only going to use whats been agreed to prior to design. I agree with you, the map is done. 

1. elevators
  2. chair lifts
  3. mini trains
  4. monorails
  5. theme choices
  6. ride types
  7. stall types
  8. landscape types
Lets at least lock the map where its at, Just the map with no recent station etc....  IMO.. no offence @Deurklink
thanks
Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Deurklink said:

No offence taken ^_^ I was just showing some ideas i had. It's called a group park, not Deurklink park.

I understand and cool man! but you did have more than a few minutes in your thoughts... i do the same thing :D ... knowing is good. ... I'm really thinking this map would work best as a 'creeper map'.... simply build it outward like a spider web ... ALTHOUGH.. I know some builders want to go straight the cliffs, others want the water, others want, want,  etc.. 

I predict some bitchen ideas on this map.. its a cool map.

Edited by SpiffyJack

Hello. Here's mine 5 cents to the thoughts :D

I drew a map. Red = rides, green = monorail, yellow = paths, grey - plaza buildings.

59cde326ae11b_Untitled-1copy.thumb.jpg.46bca241cc035996258cc748d452e329.jpg

What about cliffs on top/right, are they gonna be filled with coasters and pathways or they are gonna be a empty place with nothing but bushes and lonely trees ?
I wanted it to be a place with hot environment, sand and bushes only, but someone painted first with brown paint :P

Here's how should it look like for me:
Difference-Between-Mountain-and-Plateau-image-2.jpg.2b335e460d91d872c83c85308487bc31.jpg

Should cliffs be a 'border' for a rides or not?

920x920.jpg.dcc28d7d7a0556a20d536468e267cc8c.jpg

Plaza with gardens, small trees and bushes. Normal buildings at distance.

hub.jpg.231689ed437d74fab911f2162acd3f05.jpg

The rest empty space is up to the players :D 

What do you think. 

Cheers! 

Edited by Przemek
  • Like 3

I like most of what you said, but I'm not sure about having roller coasters entirely on cliffs... I would think simply interacting with the cliffs in some way would be better. I've got a great idea for a mine coaster that goes in and out of the cliff wall, kinda like this coaster here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4hdQ_jS6ko

Have we decided what we're doing with custom vs. non-custom objects?

• Like 1

I thought those cliffs, being originally marked as "danger zone" would be off-limits to rides or something.  

I already plan to throw in a purple-colored coaster and a observation tower operating under upward launch mode reaching up to the "ceiling". Yes, I tested that one and it doesn't produce an intensity rating of ultra-extreme :D.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Leudimin said:

I thought those cliffs, being originally marked as "danger zone" would be off-limits to rides or something.  

I already plan to throw in a purple-colored coaster and a observation tower operating under upward launch mode reaching up to the "ceiling". Yes, I tested that one and it doesn't produce an intensity rating of ultra-extreme :D.

I'm sorry, purple coasters are not allowed (Just kidding:P).

I did see some complaints in previous group parks about observation towers built very high so you should probably try to stick to a size that actually makes it look decent and not like a line pointing upwards into the stratosphere.

3 hours ago, Leudimin said:

We could just build a space elevator though.... =)

Maybe we should just get started and see what people come up with..:D If all else fails for the transport system we can always make a subway/metro system.

About custom objects.. I am not a big fan of custom scenery myself, but i saw the poll results and we will not reach consensus on this anytime soon :P Perhaps if someone wants to use custom scenery it's best if that person asks the forum for permission to use those pieces before placing them. If most people like them then why not.