Group Park 7

Broxzier

I've attached the landscape file to this post for whoever wishes to make changes to it. There's no need for updating the version already, that'll happen when we start the actual scenario. Save the attacked file in your OpenRCT2/landscape folder.

The results of the poll are in, and we're not making it easy here xD

6GOGOqO.png

Half of the players want expansion content, and the other half doesn't. Assuming that not everyone who wants to allow costum content picked all three options, there are more players that want to use them than not. What kind of expansion content would be included in this park seems very balanced, though then we most likely run into a limit again. When you include new objects in the park, please think about how generic they are beforehand.

Group Park 7.sc6

2017-09-24 20-17-34.png

Edited by Broxzier
Include images
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Broxzier said:

I've attached the landscape file to this post for whoever wishes to make changes to it. There's no need for updating the version already, that'll happen when we start the actual scenario. Save the attacked file in your OpenRCT2/landscape folder.

The results of the poll are in, and we're not making it easy here xD

6GOGOqO.png

Half of the players want expansion content, and the other half doesn't. Assuming that not everyone who wants to allow costum content picked all three options, there are more players that want to use them than not. What kind of expansion content would be included in this park seems very balanced, though then we most likely run into a limit again. When you include new objects in the park, please think about how generic they are beforehand.

Group Park 7.sc6

2017-09-24 20-17-34.png

@Broxzier Thanks for the file... the pic was deceiving prior to viewing the file up close...The cliffs are actually a great size, which was one the deceptions I was fighting with......   THIS IS BITCHEN MAN! Good Job!

I vote to go official with this map. From this point on: 

My Suggestion:

Anybody who wants to Terraform/add suggestions to the map prior to saving to SV6 format should still claim first. Lost work is best when avoided.

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Deurklink said:

Hello all, 

Just wanted to say i have been lurking for a while and following the progress of your last few group parks. I think it is finally time i join in one. Can't wait to get started :D

Welcome... lots of builders out here to answer any questions you may have... Have fun :D 

OK, here is the updated file!

I added an extra entrance, together with an imaginary path to the center area. I also handcrafted some extra cliffs while i was at it. (Note i rotated the screenshot angle a bit to better show the entrance)

So, what is the idea with the cliffs? I guess they are supposed to be sort of a natural border to the park? Since many people in this thread showed a desire to have mountains, maybe we could make some small cliffy areas a bit more to the center.. I would love to build a coaster around them.  Then again, that can always be made later when you're building;) 

PS: I also experimented a bit with dead trees from the spooky set on the brown part of the cliffs. Feel free to remove them if you don't like it.

2017-09-26 19-24-21.png

Group Park 7.01.sc6

Edited by Deurklink
Added scenario file
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Deurklink said:

OK, here is the updated file!

I added an extra entrance, together with an imaginary path to the center area. I also handcrafted some extra cliffs while i was at it. (Note i rotated the screenshot angle a bit to better show the entrance)

So, what is the idea with the cliffs? I guess they are supposed to be sort of a natural border to the park? Since many people in this thread showed a desire to have mountains, maybe we could make some small cliffy areas a bit more to the center.. I would love to build a coaster around them.  Then again, that can always be made later when you're building;) 

PS: I also experimented a bit with dead trees from the spooky set on the brown part of the cliffs. Feel free to remove them if you don't like it.

2017-09-26 19-24-21.png

Group Park 7.01.sc6

Cool changes man! Keep in mind though (everybody) when modifying scenarios only use ONE file with NO incremental notations. ie: It will always be Group Park 7.sc6. 

When the build starts it will then use the incremental file structure.  .01   .02   etc.

I'm just enforcing Broxzier's structure :D 

FILE NAME CHANGE BELOW

CURRENT GROUP PARK SCENARIO 7 

Group Park 7.sc6

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 2

So, should we maybe plan some transport rides while we're at it? I have some ideas which i will just throw out here.

• Personally i really like monorails above paths. Something we could do here is build monorails above the paths from the entrances to the center of the map. By only giving the monorails an entrance at the park entrance and only an exit at the center of the map, we could distribute peeps to the center of the map, and away from the park entrances. The empty trains could then return through a fully underground route and re-emerge back at the park entrance.
  • Maybe some chairlifts from the center of the map towards the cliffy areas, also mostly following paths so they don't get in the way of our coasters.
  • A miniature railroad probably doesn't work as well on such a hilly map (But i could be mistaken!).

These are just ideas that i have, feel free to add / discuss / scold / dance / share your ideas :D It's a group effort after all.

monorail.png

• Like 2